BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Safety-wire Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Safety-wire Saturday

Not much to do but look at everyone else's build threads and wait to pick up my kit, but then my Wilwood brakes came in: 12.88" F & R for IRS, red calipers, and slotted-only rotors.
    So, I did a quick inventory, then assembled and safety-wired up the hats and rotors to kill a dreary afternoon:

20171223_173708.jpg

20171223_173911.jpg

I have to commend Wilwood for what might be the neatest packaged parts kit I have ever received from a vendor. The kit boxes look like they were designed by an efficiency engineer who studied under some wizened Japanese Kaizen master on how to fill a box with no wasted space.

Anyway, if anyone wants the Wilwood p/n's for the slotted-only rotor sets, PM me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very neat job. Well Done!
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qwezxc12 View Post
    Not much to do but look at everyone else's build threads and wait to pick up my kit, but then my Wilwood brakes came in: 12.88" F & R for IRS, red calipers, and slotted-only rotors.
    So, I did a quick inventory, then assembled and safety-wired up the hats and rotors to kill a dreary afternoon:

20171223_173708.jpg
    20171223_173911.jpg

I have to commend Wilwood for what might be the neatest packaged parts kit I have ever received from a vendor. The kit boxes look like they were designed by an efficiency engineer who studied under some wizened Japanese Kaizen master on how to fill a box with no wasted space.

Anyway, if anyone wants the Wilwood p/n's for the slotted-only rotor sets, PM me.
    Looks great, can you post a pic of the front and rear Calipers as well? I have’nt Ordered my kit yet and wanted to get a look at the Calipers.

Thanks and good luck with your build.

JK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkviper View Post
    Looks great, can you post a pic of the front and rear Calipers as well? I have’nt Ordered my kit yet and wanted to get a look at the Calipers.

Thanks and good luck with your build.

JK
    Jk,

Not the best lighting, but here you go. Nothing's mounted, just resting together.

Front 6-pot caliper:
    20171224_144332.jpg

Rear 4-pot and E-brake calipers:
    20171224_143924.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics!