Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tesla or fiskar build

Post Thanks / Like

Tesla or fiskar build

Was at the Peterson museum the other day and was looking at a Tesla chassis. Very simple and light with a mostly really nice suspension. Then it hit me. Emissions is always an issue with hotrods and I was thinking. Since the Tesla is forever emissions exempt, why not get a flood damaged one and strip all the electric stuff and interior. The all alloy body and frame are featherweights minus the battery tray and motors. Go full cage and hot v8 power. It would make a super aero, wicked cool hotrod with no emissions issues. There is huge room for it.

Whadaya think?
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a bunch of Prius out there with drive train swaps. This one is pretty wild http://www.thedrive.com/news/15688/t...ness-incarnate I think a similar swap in Tesla would be sweet but it would be a ton of work.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    This thing is just begging for it. wheelbase is 11" longer than a C-6 and although track is narrower, the Tesla body is wider than a C-6. Mating the body up to a C-6 driveline with an extended torque tube would be like candy from a baby.

Model-S-battery-Martin-Gillet.png
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't you have a roadster you need to finish first?
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_ View Post
    Don't you have a roadster you need to finish first?
    You sound like my brother, and are absolutely correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    I’m just down to soundproofing and carpeting on my older MK4, but - keep talking about the Gen 3 Coupe, and my Bride says the same thing...Lol...

Soon as we loose the romance, we stop living...

Chris
    Last edited by cgundermann; 12-25-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is pure genius. Do it!
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    I only said that because I haven't seen an update from you in a while and had been watching your build with great interest. Any news?

Back to your original post, I love the idea. Go for it!
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I have been thinking just the reverse: A GTM build using Tesla Motors and electronics. I am certain that I am not the person for this build. You better be an electrical and computer engineer to figure out how to move all that stuff over to the GTM. I don't love the Tesla, but the instant power fascinates me. I'll bet it would be easier to move the GTM body over to the Tesla Frame. Oh well, I'm not going to be doing this one!!

(Oh yeah, when is your Roadster going to be done? )
    Last edited by Jazzman; 12-27-2017 at 12:17 AM.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Actually I have been thinking just the reverse: A GTM build using Tesla Motors and electronics. I am certain that I am not the person for this build. You better be an electrical and computer engineer to figure out how to move all that stuff over to the GTM. I don't love the Tesla, but the instant power fascinates me. I'll bet it would be easier to move the GTM body over to the Tesla Frame. Oh well, I'm not going to be doing this one!!

(Oh yeah, when is your Roadster going to be done? )
    This will eventually be my path once I get tired of playing with my current DC Motors. It really is quite easy to do, because a lot of people smarter than me have already fiqured out to hard stuff (spoofing the electronics), all you have to to is weld it into your chassis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUNk_PIdp8E

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Always had a moral opposition to electric cars. Mellowing with age. Now feel electric cars are acceptable so long as you have some of these burning the shop.

il_570xN.1337939678_epax.jpg