BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Love this truck ! but some questions ?

Post Thanks / Like

Love this truck ! but some questions ?

I really want to build one
    So,
    1. does anyone know if NJ requires fenders to get it titled
    2. do you need a hood in NJ ?
    Thanks Herb Fraser

Post Thanks / Like
    no to both but will have to register as a street rod and get nsra inspection before you can get a registration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alv69 View Post
    no to both but will have to register as a street rod and get nsra inspection before you can get a registration.
    Don’t know the answer,but both will be available.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alv69 View Post
    great thanks , another questions, how hard would it be to suicide the doors ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by herb fraser View Post
    I think that would be tough. But until we see a production chassis this is pure speculation.

I "think" it would require adding support to the rear of the door for hinge points and the front for latch points.

But again- pure speculation at this point
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by herb fraser View Post
    Bad idea. Ford only used them for 2 years for a reason - they are very dangerous. Safety pins are a must, but you see a lot of FFR '33 cars without them. Even with safety pins, they don't do any good, unless you remember to latch them. My fiberglass '37 has suicide doors and some damage from having a door open at 40 mph. If I'd been going much faster, it probably would have ripped the door off. I have safety pins but forgot to hit the switches to latch them.

Another thing I'll never do is buy bear claw latches from Autoloc. I had two sets that were prone to unlatching. Tri-mark latches don't have that problem.

I've got a picture of an FFR '33 that was in a wreck that ripped off the driver's side of the front suspension. The door came open and came completely apart - the outer door skin was laying on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS53 View Post
    Bad idea. Ford only used them for 2 years for a reason - they are very dangerous. Safety pins are a must, but you see a lot of FFR '33 cars without them. Even with safety pins, they don't do any good, unless you remember to latch them. My fiberglass '37 has suicide doors and some damage from having a door open at 40 mph. If I'd been going much faster, it probably would have ripped the door off. I have safety pins but forgot to hit the switches to latch them.

Another thing I'll never do is buy bear claw latches from Autoloc. I had two sets that were prone to unlatching. Tri-mark latches don't have that problem.

I've got a picture of an FFR '33 that was in a wreck that ripped off the driver's side of the front suspension. The door came open and came completely apart - the outer door skin was laying on the ground.
    Thanks for the heads up

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems this thread has died but from what I learned when I thought about building a 33 Hot Rod...yes...you need fenders, hood, and hood sides... Things may have changed but I doubt it. Horn, defroster, brake warning light, defrost, wiper,...

Herb, where abouts in NJ? I'm in West Milford (NNJ) and wondering if there is anybody near building a factory Five.

Thank you,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick P View Post
    Seems this thread has died but from what I learned when I thought about building a 33 Hot Rod...yes...you need fenders, hood, and hood sides... Things may have changed but I doubt it. Horn, defroster, brake warning light, defrost, wiper,...

Herb, where abouts in NJ? I'm in West Milford (NNJ) and wondering if there is anybody near building a factory Five.

Thank you,
    Nick i live in sussex county close by

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah...Not far. Herb will you be building a truck?

General question: Why isn't the truck available in 2 stages like the 33? And damn those photo shopped pics of the chopped top look awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep , its already ordered picking it up on May . i really cant wait to start !

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the build. I'll keep an eye out for posts. Id like to check it out when you start if you'll allow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of the suicide doors. if it were me, I would probably build a speed activated lock that would lock the doors if the car is moving. on our mark IV we have electrically actuated door latches that are disabled if the car is moving. Could do something like this. Hope you get yours on time, I talked to Tony at FFR 3 or 4 weeks ago and he said they had orders for 35 or 40 units but weren't shipping yet. Also understand that Stewart's is running way behind schedule. We're picking up a Mark IV late next month. I've heard that they are running many weeks for some locales

Chris

Tech Support Manager, FFR Tony Zullo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys Tony @ FFR

Just wanted to give you an update for the 35 Truck and Stewart ....

The Truck is on schedule and the Beta guys have already shipped. So our target is right on time for the trucks that are on our schedule to go out in the first week in April.

Stewart has taken two truck loads out this week playing catch up with this crazy whether we have here in NE, by next week they'll be right back on time for 1 week deliveries .

hope this update helps Thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony,
    Any beta trucks in NJ? ...Or is that a secret?

Also, Any possibility of the truck being available in 2 stages like the 33 Hot Rod?

Thank you,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick P View Post
    Tony,
    Any beta trucks in NJ? ...Or is that a secret?

Also, Any possibility of the truck being available in 2 stages like the 33 Hot Rod?

Thank you,

Beta’s are in Massachusetts (2)and Alabama (1)

Can’t answer the two stage question-I would guess a rollout of the production product is tops on the list, after that....????
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I can only hope the 35 will be available in stages (room is an issue since I will build in a 1 car garage). I guess a storage pod is a possibility, neighbors love me already...lol

I guess the Beta builders don't post????