Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
Guys...

Let's assume the brackets on the rear end are incorrectly located. And that after you get a replacement with the brackets in the correct position you are able to then set the differential with the pinion flange pointed up at at 3.5 degrees. Note that 3.5 degrees is required to get the pinion angle to be 1 degree with the transmission pointed down at 4.5 degrees. The operating angles in this scenario are 7.5 (front) and 6.5 (rear)*. Not even remotely acceptable. And as the pinion climbs under power the rear angle gets even worse (8.5).

One way or the other I believe the situation with the trans angle needs to be addressed.

* Assumes a 3 degree driveshaft angle. May be worse than that as connecting a 4.5 degree low tailshaft with a 3.5 degree high pinion will require a pretty steep angle. If worse than 3 degrees (likely, I think) the operating angles also become worse.
Using the calculator you originally posted 4.5, 3, 3.5 equals a perfect setup. Working angles of 1.5 and .5.
Even if the drive shaft raised a degree due to resetting the rear it still would have worked, 4.5, 2, 3.5 = 2.5 and 1.5.

Now, using 1.4, I cannot make it work. I think I should have left it alone and fixed the rear end.