Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factory 5 Tour and Purchase

Post Thanks / Like

Factory 5 Tour and Purchase

My wife and I made the trip from Chicago to Boston and then down to Wareham. Took a tour on Thursday and loved it. It was awesome to see the factory and the details of how they put these frames and kits together. The showroom is impressive and the ability to sit in the cars and crawl all over them was more than worth the trip! With the huge sale going on we sat down with Dan Golub and ordered our kit on the spot. My wife was not expecting much but walked away impressed and really pumped to start this journey. We'll pick it up in mid-March. Can't wait!!

IMG_4245 small.jpg

IMG_4247 small.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    It will seem like a long wait, but March will be here before you know it! Are you in Chicagoland? City/suburbs? There are at least two of us building in the western suburbs currently.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Enjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My wife and I are thinking of traveling to the plant in early February to take a break from the winter. Also, we'd like to stop by a few vendors while we're there.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    It will seem like a long wait, but March will be here before you know it! Are you in Chicagoland? City/suburbs? There are at least two of us building in the western suburbs currently.
    Yes we are in the Northwest suburbs. Kildeer Where are you two? Love to see where you are at and what you have planned.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    My wife and I are thinking of traveling to the plant in early February to take a break from the winter. Also, we'd like to stop by a few vendors while we're there.
    I highly recommend it!! Tour is very good and the staff are VERY nice and awesome! We loved sitting in the cars and seeing all the details. I think you will too. Let me know how it goes.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    Congrats! Enjoy
    Thanks much Can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ILPBFoot View Post
    Yes we are in the Northwest suburbs. Kildeer Where are you two? Love to see where you are at and what you have planned.

Steve
    I'm in Wheaton. Broku518 is in Bolingbrook. You are welcome in Wheaton any time!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Leadfoot - like the name.

I'm another Northern IL builder - located out west of Geneva. My car, a Mk3.1 has been on the road for three years and I'm always looking for somewhere to go, so let's plan on connecting once driving season comes back around. Can't wait to hear about your build plans, so keep us posted as you make decisions (or have questions).

Also, you're welcome to drop by my shop and check things out anytime.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the family! I’m west of you in Woodstock, and always looking for a reason to get out and see some builds and tell a story or two!!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! You're in for quite a ride.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    Welcome Leadfoot - like the name.

I'm another Northern IL builder - located out west of Geneva. My car, a Mk3.1 has been on the road for three years and I'm always looking for somewhere to go, so let's plan on connecting once driving season comes back around. Can't wait to hear about your build plans, so keep us posted as you make decisions (or have questions).

Also, you're welcome to drop by my shop and check things out anytime.
    Chris,

Very good at picking up on Leadfoot's name...I'm always impressed but never surprised. And welcome Leadfoot. Always glad to provide a destination run for anyone within driving distance. I'm my case, Wheatland , WI. Enjoy the build.

Jay
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

Very good at picking up on Leadfoot's name...I'm always impressed but never surprised. And welcome Leadfoot. Always glad to provide a destination run for anyone within driving distance. I'm my case, Wheatland , WI. Enjoy the build.

Jay
    I'm thinking a caravan up to Jay's place in the spring with Sten and I - and anyone else who's interested - offering our passenger seats to those with cars that are still under construction. Lots of nice roads up his way just made for these cars - when it's not nine below out like this morning.
    Later,
    Chris

Mk3.1 #7074

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome PBFoot,
    Build your own car has to one of the most rewarding accomplishments we can do. I think of FFR kits as a platform for a new owner to design to your own liking what power plant, colors, wheels & tires etc.
    Enjoy the excitement & challenges!
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking a caravan up to Jay's place in the spring with Sten and I - and anyone else who's interested - offering our passenger seats to those with cars that are still under construction. Lots of nice roads up his way just made for these cars - when it's not nine below out like this morning.
    Sounds like a great idea. And, Forte's has great products and excellent service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and Welcome!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve-

I like the Illinois Lead Foot name! Welcome to the fraternity! I visited the factory and came away very impressed, and very excited to get started. I had to wait to order mine, but it was worth the wait. So happy that your wife was excited about the build as well. Having that support makes a huge difference.

Good luck with the wait, and the build when you get started. There are lots of great folks here who can help with darned near anything. Most are extremely generous with their time, and provide solid counsel! I can't tell you how much I have benefited from the advice of folks here, and my build is far better for it, even if my wallet isn't always... I look forward to following along!

Regards,

Steve

Cobrapreneur
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris -

I’m interested. Jay mentioned he is located in Wheatland, Wi. Google maps lists it 45 minutes from my location. If that’s correct - then everyone is welcomed up here as well. I can plan to host or meet up at Jays location.

Craig F

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent company with a great staff! you'll love the build!

Keep us in mind for your Engine/trans needs!

FactoryFiveEngines.com
    BluePrintEngines.com
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Cobrapreneur
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay contacted me. To good to be true. He’s 15 minutes west of lake Geneva. Bummer! I’ve found numerous cities in WI which carry the same names. The other Wheatland, Wi is 33 miles south of LaCrosse.
    On the other hand — I’m interested in traveling. If a group meets up at Jays location, let me know.
    Craig F

Post Thanks / Like
    It's amusing to me that ThickCobra in WI wants a break from winter and is headed to MA. I guess it's all perspective

Post Thanks / Like
    February..... the "enough is enough" month.
    Later,
    Chris

Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    Excellent company with a great staff! you'll love the build!

Keep us in mind for your Engine/trans needs!

FactoryFiveEngines.com
    BluePrintEngines.com
    Thank you and yes I'm looking at a Blue Print 427. Can you guys set me up with a hydraulic throw out bearing that I can match up with a Wilwood clutch master cylinder? I'd like to have it all installed with the TKO 600 right from you guys.
    Thanks
    Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.