FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rimac gtm?

Post Thanks / Like

Rimac gtm?

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure...

There used to be a guy on the other forum named "Crodog" who was from Croatia. He had a GTM and was starting to modify it significantly. IIRC, he was converting it over to all electric.

About a year or two into the transformation things got weird and he stopped posting, then he went back and erased all his posts.

Last night I was watching the Grand Tour show on Amazon and low and behold there is a "Croatian Electric Supercar" that looks like it could have started life as a GTM.

This is the car that almost killed Richard Hammond in a fiery crash during a hill climb.

Just wondering if anybody knows if this indeed was the car that morphed from the GTM? Obviously it is its own car now, but did this guy start out building a GTM under the name "Crodog"? There can't be too many electric supercar builders in Croatia.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be wild for sure!
    I agree that the windshield and roof/crunched cockpit look a lot like the GTM.

Side profile makes it look taller than the GTM with a roof slope that mimics a 350Z.

Those EV's are dangerous if you crash them and get any battery shorting. I heard that the firefighters were putting out fires on the wreckage for 5 DAYS!
    Looking at the charred mess, I don't see too many similarities.

Here's a pic of a Rimac chassis.

Last edited by beeman; 01-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone is interested, I went back and did a search. His forum name was actually "Crodriver" and the posts that are left talk about how he was modifying the GTM to be a 1000 HP electric vehicle...

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/search....rchid=11374890
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't completely rule out a collaboration with this guy and Rimac. They have been known to provide drivetrains to at least one 1-off project like this 1,475 HP Pikes Peak hill climb car...

http://www.rimac-automobili.com/en/p...kes-peak-2015/

GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I see what you were getting at, Crash... Using the GTM as a test mule for the drivetrain? Very plausible...
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's him, I remember it. Wasn't there a thread on the other forum discussing it years back? It's obvious when you see the interior pics of the car, and the side profile, you can see the same geometry there. His framework is different but it's still in the same proportions. He's got the fastest/most adjustable traction control in that car, watch the video comparing against the Bugatti Veyron on a closed course.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I can give a short update here: While then Mate Rimac visited me in Austria from Croatia to take some measurements of my GTM for his electric conversion. His shipping from Factory Five was still a couple of weeks or months away and he wanted to prepare some things in advance. A little while later he told me he did not want to use the GTM as a base for his development. For his new car (which was crashed by Richard Hammond) he did not use any GTM parts, because (in his own words) they were not classy enough for his very expensive car. Mate is a really nice and very capeable guy and really enthusiastic!
    GTM #006 (early beta)
    On the road in Austria/Europe
    LS-7 with Kooks / G50 / Pfadt Bushings
    Bilstein shocks, C6 ZO6 brakes with DBA rotors
    Lightweight build (2.336 lbs ready to drive)