Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  51

Thread: Wallace18's 35 Hot Rod Pickup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wallace18's 35 Hot Rod Pickup

Since the build thread is open now I wanted to post how I am getting ready for my kit kinda like Erik. I put down my order as soon as FFR would let me. I have since bought everything I need to put it together once I get the kit here in Florida. I am using engine and AOD from a 1988 Lincoln LSC I bought a while back on Craigs list. The rear end is out of a 2009 Mustang GT with low miles. I hope as soon as the weather warms up to clean and paint the unit as well. Last week I disassembled the 5.0 and checked out everything I could reuse. Threw out all the stuff I won't use. I ended up replacing all the bearings and rings for the bottom end. I had a Trick Flow top end kit that was used in the Challenge Series to finish off the long block. I will end up using FITech F.I. and have the AOD professionally rebuilt with shift kit and 3000 stall converter. It does get cold once in a while here in Fl. It was 32 in my shop at 8 AM. Solid frost in the yard and bird bath froze solid. It has been like getting Christmas presents the last few weeks with all the parts coming Fed EX and UPS. I am planning on this being a nice cruiser type build. I will post here as I do other stuff.

Kit is ordered as follows. I may add wood bed and floor mats if available at time of pick up.
    Hot Rod Truck Kit
    302 engine install
    Powder coated frame
    AOD drive shaft
    Vinyl bench seat
    Chrome tilt column
    Gauge cluster
    Electric P/S
    Hot Rod A/C kit

IMG_2239.JPGIMG_2240.JPGIMG_2236.JPGIMG_2237.JPGIMG_2253.JPGIMG_2254.JPGIMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2248.JPGIMG_2246.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wallace18; 03-27-2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: 2009 rear now used, no 3-link option