Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  51

Thread: Wallace18's 35 Hot Rod Pickup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I had to drill out the frame. I contacted FFR and they are supposed to be making a production change for the correct bolt size. What rear end are you using? I had a 2009 Mustang GT. The rear of the lower bars were Ok, but the front where they attached to the frame I had to drill out.
    I've got production truck #4 and will be installing the rear end this weekend. I got a fresh one from Moser and will report back if any drilling was required on any of the parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only drilling you have to do is for the 5/8" hole in the panhard bar bracket on the rear end. All the other frame drilling mentioned on the beta chassis was fixed by at least chassis #4 (mine). I'll post photos on my build thread later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwater35 View Post
    I've got production truck #4 and will be installing the rear end this weekend. I got a fresh one from Moser and will report back if any drilling was required on any of the parts.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillwater35 View Post
    The only drilling you have to do is for the 5/8" hole in the panhard bar bracket on the rear end. All the other frame drilling mentioned on the beta chassis was fixed by at least chassis #4 (mine). I'll post photos on my build thread later today.
    Can you check your chassis Number. I have F5R1000004TR. I want to be sure we do not have the same chassis #. Thanks, TW

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm F5R1000008TR I think production chassis started at 5.

You're the real #4

And PSA - The number is etched in on the firewall cross member right above the pedal box.

Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Can you check your chassis Number. I have F5R1000004TR. I want to be sure we do not have the same chassis #. Thanks, TW