Fuel Safe Systems

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  31
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Wallace18's 35 Hot Rod Pickup

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom-

She turned out GREAT! I love everything about it, and I know you must be pleased.

Good luck at the show this weekend. I am sure it will be well received.

Really nice job, and I appreciate you having us along for the build. I really enjoy watching your builds; always quality stuff!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom , your truck looks really great ! congrads !

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for all the kind words. Had a nice day at the Gainesville car show. Met lots of folks who loved the truck. Here is some pics of some other neat cars I saw. Several FFR cars I was involved in as well.

IMG_3547.JPGIMG_3550.JPGIMG_3546.JPGIMG_3549.JPGIMG_3548.JPG
    Last edited by wallace18; 03-09-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added photos

4. Likes Houdini liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a chance to see the 35 in person at the event at Santa Fe College in Gainesville yesterday. Believe me - the photos on this forum don't come close to seeing it in person. The attention to detail is unreal and the
    paint.... well, I don't know how it could be better. Not a flaw, ripple or blemish to be seen. Engine and suspension look fantastic. And, the sun brings out the tiny gold metal flakes in the paint that are virtually invisible. WoW!
    It saw this car when it was a roller - to see it finished is wonderful.
    Tom (Mr. Factory Five South) has a right to be super proud. Not only is his work top notch, he is such a great ambassador for Factory Five. He had stacks of brochures and literature and answered millions of questions.
    Outstanding!

6. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom can you show me what you did with the dash where it meets the W/S I asked FFR for the weatherstrip and they sent me 2 pieces of glass W/S for 33 HR.
    Last edited by Marv; 03-14-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is the regular bulb seal that goes over aluminum. Here is a link to FFR catalog, you can also buy it from McMaster-Carr.

http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1076...p-by-the-foot/

Post Thanks / Like
    Marv, I have been looking at the same W/S transition. I also got the two piece strips that would leave a gap.
    I found the McMaster Carr bulb seal no. 1120A212, 3/8" bulb, 1/8" edge, fits fairly well. But the 1/8" grip edge seems a little too tight and bulges up somewhat. I may try the 3/16" edge stuff they have in the 3/8" bulb, no. 1120A312. The 3/8" bulb size is perfect for me.
    Just thought I'd share my research. I think the 3/4" bulb FFR product is too large for my W/S gap, and it is over a $ more expensive per foot.
    Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 03-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered, thanks guys.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to ask, has anyone been able to modify the frame to gain more space for the cabin. For example, moving the seat back a few inches. I have sat in one in progress and found it a little tight for my comfort.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    I have to ask, has anyone been able to modify the frame to gain more space for the cabin. For example, moving the seat back a few inches. I have sat in one in progress and found it a little tight for my comfort.
    Check out Herb's thread.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...VY-truck-build

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom you did a wonderful job on your truck and the paint came out great and the color you picked just pops in the sun. I wished I could have made it to the car show and saw your truck in person I bet pictures don't do it justice. Not only that I would love to meet you and pick your brain. I am ready to get started on my 33 but the doctor said not yet . I went out in my shop when the weather was nice last week and after about an hour I was tired and wore out but it felt good to just be out there even if I didn't do anything. What is your next build if you have one because I enjoy reading your builds you always learn something. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sturigus83 View Post
    Tom you did a wonderful job on your truck and the paint came out great and the color you picked just pops in the sun. I wished I could have made it to the car show and saw your truck in person I bet pictures don't do it justice. Not only that I would love to meet you and pick your brain. I am ready to get started on my 33 but the doctor said not yet . I went out in my shop when the weather was nice last week and after about an hour I was tired and wore out but it felt good to just be out there even if I didn't do anything. What is your next build if you have one because I enjoy reading your builds you always learn something. Have a good day.
    Thanks for the kind words. I am building a 427 MK4 for a customer right now here is the link.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...d-by-wallace18

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011