Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  51
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wallace18's 35 Hot Rod Pickup

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom-

She turned out GREAT! I love everything about it, and I know you must be pleased.

Good luck at the show this weekend. I am sure it will be well received.

Really nice job, and I appreciate you having us along for the build. I really enjoy watching your builds; always quality stuff!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom , your truck looks really great ! congrads !

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for all the kind words. Had a nice day at the Gainesville car show. Met lots of folks who loved the truck. Here is some pics of some other neat cars I saw. Several FFR cars I was involved in as well.

IMG_3547.JPGIMG_3550.JPGIMG_3546.JPGIMG_3549.JPGIMG_3548.JPG
    Last edited by wallace18; 03-09-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added photos

4. Likes Houdini liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a chance to see the 35 in person at the event at Santa Fe College in Gainesville yesterday. Believe me - the photos on this forum don't come close to seeing it in person. The attention to detail is unreal and the
    paint.... well, I don't know how it could be better. Not a flaw, ripple or blemish to be seen. Engine and suspension look fantastic. And, the sun brings out the tiny gold metal flakes in the paint that are virtually invisible. WoW!
    It saw this car when it was a roller - to see it finished is wonderful.
    Tom (Mr. Factory Five South) has a right to be super proud. Not only is his work top notch, he is such a great ambassador for Factory Five. He had stacks of brochures and literature and answered millions of questions.
    Outstanding!

6. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom can you show me what you did with the dash where it meets the W/S I asked FFR for the weatherstrip and they sent me 2 pieces of glass W/S for 33 HR.
    Last edited by Marv; 03-14-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is the regular bulb seal that goes over aluminum. Here is a link to FFR catalog, you can also buy it from McMaster-Carr.

http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1076...p-by-the-foot/

Post Thanks / Like
    Marv, I have been looking at the same W/S transition. I also got the two piece strips that would leave a gap.
    I found the McMaster Carr bulb seal no. 1120A212, 3/8" bulb, 1/8" edge, fits fairly well. But the 1/8" grip edge seems a little too tight and bulges up somewhat. I may try the 3/16" edge stuff they have in the 3/8" bulb, no. 1120A312. The 3/8" bulb size is perfect for me.
    Just thought I'd share my research. I think the 3/4" bulb FFR product is too large for my W/S gap, and it is over a $ more expensive per foot.
    Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 03-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered, thanks guys.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have to ask, has anyone been able to modify the frame to gain more space for the cabin. For example, moving the seat back a few inches. I have sat in one in progress and found it a little tight for my comfort.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    I have to ask, has anyone been able to modify the frame to gain more space for the cabin. For example, moving the seat back a few inches. I have sat in one in progress and found it a little tight for my comfort.
    Check out Herb's thread.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...VY-truck-build

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom you did a wonderful job on your truck and the paint came out great and the color you picked just pops in the sun. I wished I could have made it to the car show and saw your truck in person I bet pictures don't do it justice. Not only that I would love to meet you and pick your brain. I am ready to get started on my 33 but the doctor said not yet . I went out in my shop when the weather was nice last week and after about an hour I was tired and wore out but it felt good to just be out there even if I didn't do anything. What is your next build if you have one because I enjoy reading your builds you always learn something. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sturigus83 View Post
    Tom you did a wonderful job on your truck and the paint came out great and the color you picked just pops in the sun. I wished I could have made it to the car show and saw your truck in person I bet pictures don't do it justice. Not only that I would love to meet you and pick your brain. I am ready to get started on my 33 but the doctor said not yet . I went out in my shop when the weather was nice last week and after about an hour I was tired and wore out but it felt good to just be out there even if I didn't do anything. What is your next build if you have one because I enjoy reading your builds you always learn something. Have a good day.
    Thanks for the kind words. I am building a 427 MK4 for a customer right now here is the link.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...d-by-wallace18

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally after a month I got an appointment to title and tag my truck on 4/2/19, Yea! I will be in Tampa at the NSRA show on Friday or Saturday next week with my 35. It depends on the weather. Whatever day is looking like less chance of rain I will go. If it is a washout I won't be going.

16. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom,

I'll watch the weather and go also. Maybe we can have lunch together at Portillos? Do you like Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KenWilkinson View Post
    Tom,

I'll watch the weather and go also. Maybe we can have lunch together at Portillos? Do you like Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches?
    PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the truck titled and tagged yesterday. Got home and went for a ride 2 miles up to the gas station. Truck ran well for about 1 mile and started to run real rich. Barely made it home. O2 sensor went bad. Replaced it and spark plugs today and took it for a ride, then went to dinner with Marsha this evening. Runs great now. Very fast for an automatic! Going to put about 100 miles or so on it tomorrow. If all goes well I will drive it to Tampa on Saturday to the NSRA show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Truck had close up walk around by YouTuber 37spiker . The title of the video is NSRA TAMPA Saturday 4-6-2019.
    The time mark is 16:09 .
    Your truck looked awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, I thought he would look taller in person.

you have to see in person the paint. Overall, very classy.

tom1.jpg
    FFR 35 p/u # 0014
    I used to think I needed a Rolex watch, now I’d be happier with a Swedish K!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guy's! It was a really nice day at the show. Being the only FFR 35 Hot Rod P/U made it extra special. Ken it was great to see you and your wife in person again. Your 35 is coming along nice as well. I was able to give away about 50 FFR brochures and DVD's. Many kind words about the truck from lots of folks. It was a great day for sure.
    BTW, I look thinner kneeling down, LOL. Here is the youtube video. Check out 16:05 for my 35.

Last edited by wallace18; 04-07-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added video

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a great time yesterday at the Gainesville downtown car show. I gave away all my FFR brochures I had left. Gave away about 30 DVD's as well. Lots of interest in the 35. Went to show with my friends Art in the 55 resto-mod, Greg in the 64 Dart GT and me in my 35. Art won best of show! His car is awesome. Met lots of folks and kids that just fell in love with the 35. When I came home 2 boxes of FFR brochures were waiting on my at my gate. Thanks Sally! Went to a cruise-in later that night but got rained out. The 35 worked out great in the rain. No problems at all.

IMG_3715.JPGIMG_3717.JPGIMG_3716.JPG

I have 2 more local shows then I am off to the NSRA show in Knoxville, TN on the 3rd and 4th of May.
    Last edited by wallace18; 04-14-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was blessed to win best paint at the Alachua car show today. Gave away another 50 Factory 5 brochures and DVD's. Very nice show and weather was perfect.

IMG_3735.JPG

25. Likes Houdini liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats well earned
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to be in Knoxville, TN on the 5th and 6th of May this weekend with my 35. Look me up if you are at the NSRA show.

IMG_3540.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Due to weather forecast we decided to cancel going to the NSRA show in Knoxville this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks, torrential rain forecast?
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I was blessed to win best paint at the Alachua car show today. Gave away another 50 Factory 5 brochures and DVD's. Very nice show and weather was perfect.

IMG_3735.JPG
    Tom, That's that excellent !

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it has been 90 days since I got truck painted. I got the Ok from my painter to install my custom car/truck cover from CCC. They gave me a form to fill out all my dimensions and made one custom. Fits great IMO.

IMG_3853.JPGIMG_3854.JPG

32. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice cover.
    Deep Impact Blue

34. Thanks FLFrank35 thanked for this post
    Likes FLFrank35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a few requests for how I installed my door solenoids. Basically I installed the solenoid on the bottom of the door frame close to the hinges. Used the FFR cable to go to the latch with the FFR supplied hardware. I drilled out the hole on the solenoid plunger so I could run a 10-32 tap in it. Then screwed the FFR hardware clip to it. There is plenty of adjustment in the cable to fine tune the pull. They work perfect for me every time with a push of a button. Hope this helps those who inquired.

IMG_3896.JPGIMG_3897.JPGIMG_3898.JPGIMG_3899.JPGIMG_3900.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to be at the NSRA National's 8/1/19 thru 8/4/19 in Louisville, KY this coming weekend with my 35. I welcome anyone to come and talk about it and the build process that comes by. FFR should be there also.

IMG_3735.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tom, really looks like you are lovin your truck. As you should, it looks GREAT !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Going to be at the NSRA National's 8/1/19 thru 8/4/19 in Louisville, KY this coming weekend with my 35. I welcome anyone to come and talk about it and the build process that comes by. FFR should be there also.

IMG_3735.JPG
    I'll be there too. Hopefully can find you among the 13,000 cars :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I'll be there too. Hopefully can find you among the 13,000 cars :-)
    Look forward to seeing you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a great time at the NSRA Nats. I was at the FFR booth for 2 days and had a ball hanging out with Tony, Dan and Chris. I have been busy finishing up an MK4 for a customer. I hope to do a few upgrades to my 35 soon. Wilwood master, front and rear wilwood brake kits. I really want more stopping power than I currently have.

IMG_3915.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I succumbed to peer pressure and changed out my rear tires. I originally had 305/25 ZR20 on the rear. I now have 315/35R20. I must admit they do look better and give me more rake and lower my RPM at highway speed. I also installed a 1" Wilwood master cylinder and I am much happier with my pedal now. I will keep the kit brakes now that my stopping is more to my liking.

IMG_3945.JPGIMG_3946.JPGIMG_3952.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Wallace, Where did you purchase the tail lights?

Zach

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sperger72 View Post
    Wallace, Where did you purchase the tail lights?

Zach
    Rodworx

https://www.rodworx.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I like those better than the others in the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I did a stupid thing a few Fridays ago. I had added my Wilwood 1" master Cylinder and tested it in my subdivision. All was OK. I went to our local Friday hot rod Guy's lunch and on the way home I noticed the brakes seemed to be dragging. Unfortunately I did not have any tools or my cell phone with me. So like an idiot I drove it home the 2 miles. By the time I got to my home gate the front calipers were on fire. The long and short of this is I ended up being able to save the rear brakes but had to replace the fronts. I bought the Wilwood kit from FFR. They had best price believe it or not. I fixed the master cylinder clearance issue when the engine was hot and now is all well. Hard way to learn a lesson about cell and tools needed on any trip but a lesson learned for sure.

CE344E77-48A4-463D-8488-975400344524.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep the pictures coming. Great build.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast