FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What brand tires for GTM

Post Thanks / Like

What brand tires for GTM

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on tires for my GTM. Just wondering what others have purchased and what they think of them.

Sizes I’m going with are:
    Front 245/35 ZR19
    Rear 325/25 ZR20

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Mike Kraus
    Jackson, MI

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're looking for the same tires front and rear, I'd say your best bet is going to be to search for tires in the rear tire size and see what's available....I can't imagine that there's going to be a huge selection of different tires to choose from. Then search and see if they make that same tire in the front tire size. I'm guessing that right there will narrow your choices down to fewer than a handful of options to choose from.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    If you're looking for the same tires front and rear, I'd say your best bet is going to be to search for tires in the rear tire size and see what's available....I can't imagine that there's going to be a huge selection of different tires to choose from. Then search and see if they make that same tire in the front tire size. I'm guessing that right there will narrow your choices down to fewer than a handful of options to choose from.
    Hi Shane,

I agree, there does not seem to be a lot to choose from, hence my question. Some of the best rated tires I found were the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and Sport Cup 2’s. Toyo and Pirelli also make a set. Just curious if there were others people liked. I like the looks of the BF Goodrich Z-Force tires, but they don’t seem to carry my exact size.

-Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say much of your decision is going to be based on what you plan to do with your GTM. If you want max performance for the track....or if it is going to be mostly street driven with a chance you might get caught driving in the rain eventually. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that 2500lb car + 325 Sport Cup 2's + Rain = Recipe For Disaster.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    I'd say much of your decision is going to be based on what you plan to do with your GTM. If you want max performance for the track....or if it is going to be mostly street driven with a chance you might get caught driving in the rain eventually. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that 2500lb car + 325 Sport Cup 2's + Rain = Recipe For Disaster.
    My GTM will be a street car, exclusively..... guess I should have mentioned that!

Thanks
    -Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Continental Extreme Contact DW tires. They work well in both the rain and when dry. Good tread life too. Look up the reviews.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought Nitto tires, there wasn't a lot off options for the rear tire size. I bought them online and didn't realize how thin the tread was on the rear tires. When they wear out I think I will buy Michelin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a GTM that has Michelin Pilot Sports. Never had a car with these tires but I can tell you that they are the #1 tire of choice on many high end supercars. My experience on many NSX's is that for street use, the Continental Extreme Contact DW is the best overall tire for wet and dry traction, as well as good tread life. Compared to the Michelins, I think you will like the Continental's price if you can get the sizes you want.