It's no surprise I'm building on a budget, mine's all donor build than brand new parts, but I'm about done with stage 1. Stage 2 is next, and just a quick look at the order form shows me that stage 2 will cost $11,600 ish (hardtop, roadster windshield delete), plus $1,500 shipping or so. So say $13k.

Now, it comes with a whole bunch of parts other than body - door fixings, windows, seats, exhaust, steering wheel, etc, etc.. but still $13k makes me pause.

I looked online real quick, and found some 32/33/34 ford bodies with all panels I need for considerably less - as low as $4k

Just one example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Ford-5...t/142643666428

Goes without saying, this will likely be a lower standard, (much) harder to fit and will require a much more traditional 'you're on your own to find parts' approach (which can be fun and frustrating)

But $4k.. plus parts as you go along is a lot easier to swallow than $13k upfront. I don't even want some parts like the FFR steering wheel. I can get going now, rather than 6-9 months.

Is this a completely insane idea? It's the classic "trade time for money" situation I know..