Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ordered my motor/trans setup yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered my motor/trans setup yesterday.

5.0 coyote with 6r80 trans, controller, fuel system etc. Full setup from Ford with return style fuel system.

I also am pulling the 2.9L whipple off my 15 mustang to trade it in (I need a pickup truck) and will be putting it on the 33. Still up on the air what to do with the hood as I don’t want any humps or lumps but I’ll tacjle that later.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, that's exciting! Can I ask how much? Just curious..
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the combo I wanted to use, but "everyone" keeps telling me that the 6r80 won't fit in the '33 chassis. Do you know that it will fit, or just know that you will make it fit? I don't want to do any major chassis mods just to accommodate the transmission...

When do you expect delivery? I suspect that there are several builders watching this thread closely now!

Thanks, Keith

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtfreak View Post
    5.0 coyote with 6r80 trans, controller, fuel system etc. Full setup from Ford with return style fuel system.

I also am pulling the 2.9L whipple off my 15 mustang to trade it in (I need a pickup truck) and will be putting it on the 33. Still up on the air what to do with the hood as I don’t want any humps or lumps but I’ll tacjle that later.
    If you can package the whipple under the FFR hood that would win a plumbing award!! Maybe though, it sits down in well. You can get a cheaper 33 race glass hood to play with before cutting up the FFR hood. The 2 ribs down the center likely will have to be cut out, but it might do it without dragging the oil pan. looking forward to watching this one!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    SVT,

Any chance I could come take a peek at your 33 before you stuff it full of Ford Go Fast Parts?
    A co-work of mine (Mustang Marius) is interested in building one.

Steve