BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: THANK YOU to iWire, VCP, and many other vendors and forum posters!!!

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU to iWire, VCP, and many other vendors and forum posters!!!

I meant to do this last year at Thanksgiving, and then again at Christmas, but things were so hectic that it slipped.

We are nearing the end of our 818c build. Right now we are working on the doors. After that we need to:

• install the sheet metal around the wheel wells
    • do some engine bay and wiring cleanup
    • have it painted
    • install the rear spoiler and diffuser
    • have the windshield, hatch and side glass put on
    • get it registered

Here is a picture of what it looks like today:

20180114_111250 - cropped.jpg

Rather then wait until the end I wanted to post a big THANK YOU to some of the folks who have helped us get where we are today.

From the vendor side I also thought it was important to say THANK YOU to to those vendors that provided us with products, advice and support along the way. In particular Brian at iWire went above and beyond the pale in supporting us. The iWire harness is a fantastic product that was well worth the money. But more importantly, it was Brian's patience and willingness to answer every question and help us with every issue that we encountered (including things that really weren't an iWire problem) that stood out. Thanks again for everything Brian!!!

I'm sure everyone here already knows about Wayne Presley. Wayne has been an amazing resource for everyone here for years. His knowledge, insight and tips are part of just about everyone's builds. I wanted to thank Wayne for taking the time to meet with John and I at his shop in Alabama, and for giving us a lot of very helpful advice during the build. We bought our radiator, shifter, AWIC and trailing arms through Wayne and couldn't be happier with all of them.

Thanks also to Mark at Breeze Automotive for the Coolant Hard lines and the Bioig under car Center Exhaust. Both were great upgrades. Thanks as well to Mike at Replica Parts for the Clutch Line kit and Alternator Bracket kit.

There are so many folks here that helped us with questions or issues that there are too many to mention by name. I just pulled out a few from memory that really helped a number of times with issues we were facing. Nolan (nkw8181) allowed John and I to come up and see his build in Dallas. That was a huge help in deciding to move forward and in deciding what types of upgrades we wanted to do. He also helped us with info about who to use to rebuild and tune our engine. Pete (AZPETE) was always there to answer questions, but the help he gave us in selecting and getting our Vintage Air system installed was instrumental. We didn't go with the same system that he did but the info, instructions and parts list he provided made it possible to get ours installed. Thanks also to Bob_n_Cincy, Frank818, Mechie3, 07Fireblade, Mikeb75, StiPWRD, redfogo, Hindsight and anyone else I forgot to mention!

- Lou
    Building an 818C
    Ordered: 8/31/15, Production Date: 1/23/16, Delivery Date: 2/05/2016
    First Start: 4/14/2017
    818C Build Thread
    Donor Teardown Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations the car looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Lou,

The car's looking great! Congrats man! Feels good, don't it?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Lou View Post
    I meant to do this last year at Thanksgiving, and then again at Christmas, but things were so hectic that it slipped.

We are nearing the end of our 818c build. Right now we are working on the doors. After that we need to:

• install the sheet metal around the wheel wells
    • do some engine bay and wiring cleanup
    • have it painted
    • install the rear spoiler and diffuser
    • have the windshield, hatch and side glass put on
    • get it registered

Here is a picture of what it looks like today:

20180114_111250 - cropped.jpg

Rather then wait until the end I wanted to post a big THANK YOU to some of the folks who have helped us get where we are today.

From the vendor side I also thought it was important to say THANK YOU to to those vendors that provided us with products, advice and support along the way. In particular Brian at iWire went above and beyond the pale in supporting us. The iWire harness is a fantastic product that was well worth the money. But more importantly, it was Brian's patience and willingness to answer every question and help us with every issue that we encountered (including things that really weren't an iWire problem) that stood out. Thanks again for everything Brian!!!

I'm sure everyone here already knows about Wayne Presley. Wayne has been an amazing resource for everyone here for years. His knowledge, insight and tips are part of just about everyone's builds. I wanted to thank Wayne for taking the time to meet with John and I at his shop in Alabama, and for giving us a lot of very helpful advice during the build. We bought our radiator, shifter, AWIC and trailing arms through Wayne and couldn't be happier with all of them.

Thanks also to Mark at Breeze Automotive for the Coolant Hard lines and the Bioig under car Center Exhaust. Both were great upgrades. Thanks as well to Mike at Replica Parts for the Clutch Line kit and Alternator Bracket kit.

There are so many folks here that helped us with questions or issues that there are too many to mention by name. I just pulled out a few from memory that really helped a number of times with issues we were facing. Nolan (nkw8181) allowed John and I to come up and see his build in Dallas. That was a huge help in deciding to move forward and in deciding what types of upgrades we wanted to do. He also helped us with info about who to use to rebuild and tune our engine. Pete (AZPETE) was always there to answer questions, but the help he gave us in selecting and getting our Vintage Air system installed was instrumental. We didn't go with the same system that he did but the info, instructions and parts list he provided made it possible to get ours installed. Thanks also to Bob_n_Cincy, Frank818, Mechie3, 07Fireblade, Mikeb75, StiPWRD, redfogo, Hindsight and anyone else I forgot to mention!

- Lou
    You are more than welcome.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Lou-

Congratulations on a great looking car! It must feel awesome to get to this point, and have just a few items left. Well done, and thanks for sharing your progress!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Lou, congrats on your accomplishments! It's satisfying to help others, as many have helped me in the FFR journey.
    This week at the Barrett-Jackson Auction, I've met guys who are curious about FFR cars and I've tried to explain the thrills of building your own car and the thrills of driving it. What's really hard to convey is the support and friendships from other builders, Factory Five and vendors. Sure, it's the CAD design, performance and cool look, but even more important are the friendships.
    (My wife accurately calls us "like-minded lunatics").
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, and thanks!
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! And yes it is an incredible feeling of accomplishment to get to this point. Still have a lot of work to do obviously but we can see the finish line now (not that it will really ever be finished).

- Lou
    Building an 818C
    818C Build Thread
    Donor Teardown Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lou, congrats on a Great looking car !
    I started my 818 Coupe build 2 years ago and am almost finished.
    I'm like you, much thanks to AZ Pete and all the others on the forum for
    all the help !
    (pics soon)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Lou! it was great meeting you as well. I had alot of help (a large amount of it Wayne) and was happy to be able to help someone else along. Your are close to the finish line now. It's looking great!!
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Hoping to have mine wrapped up by sometime this summer. Looking foward to seeing another 818 on the road in Houston!

Its looking great. Excellent job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wirenut View Post
    Congrats! Hoping to have mine wrapped up by sometime this summer. Looking foward to seeing another 818 on the road in Houston!

Its looking great. Excellent job.
    Great! We are hoping to have ours done and registered this Spring. Let me know when you are done as well.

- Lou
    Building an 818C
    818C Build Thread
    Donor Teardown Thread

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    nice work
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.