FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New build in the summer WA/TX

Post Thanks / Like

New build in the summer WA/TX

Hey gents,

New guy from Dallas, currently stationed in Washington state. I had a co-worker who built a GTM a year or so ago...turned out great. Funds are slowly allowing me to be able to plan a build for myself. I had been eyeballing an old restoration or Factory Five car for quite some time. I go back and forth over what car to build every week it seems.

Heres my 2 current visions: 500hp to the tire street/weekend car, safe, a/c, take it to the 1/4 track once a year and possibly get into auto cross some.

33' Hard top - LS3, T-56, 3 link

Type 65- Gen 2 or 3 Coyote, T-56, IRS

I think the 33' seems slightly cooler to me, but I need to look more about the chassis being able to handle 500whp and looking into how much roll cages would cost and if anyone's build has a roll cage.

Looking forward to ordering the next 2-3 months and working/meeting you guys. feel free to ask me anything

EDIT: As you can tell by the name, I am mostly a ford guy
    current car is a 2016 5.0 with GT350 CAI/Throttle body/ Tune/ Corsa catback

Post Thanks / Like
    33 would take that HP, but the rollcage is not easy - start with NAZ' build and see what hoops (haha) he's jumped through. I don't think I've seen another with a rollcage?
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m near you and live in Bonney Lake and my MK4 is just about done. Welcome to come over anytime...

Chris
    Last edited by cgundermann; 01-15-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'm out near Anacortes, however, i am currently on an exercise in Hawaii for about another 2 months though (tough life)...I might take you up on the offer when I get back though. Scared you might make me switch my idea to a Mk4

Greg