Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need wiring help!

Post Thanks / Like

Need wiring help!

Hi Guys!

Been a while since my last post. Had to put the project on the back burner for a while to move. Im now in Bushnell Florida. Im doing the wiring now, in fact, for several weeks now. I am using a Its a Snap wiring harness because I had it laying around. Interfacing with the corvette column and the 06 GTO (LS2) engine has been a challenge.
    At this time , I have two questions. ONE, Pin letter Z on the multifunction switch plug, orange in color. The manual says it goes to orange 959, a painless number which, if my research is right, means headlight battery +. My harness is designed for an older GM, and doesn't have that circuit. Would this be switched power for the turn signals a hazard lights?

Two, Fuel pump/ gauge wiring. I can figure out how to wire the pump, but the gauge has got me confused. My corvette fuel tank harness has 2 wires that go the a duel resister on the float. I cant find a resistance reading between these two wires and ground, but get a reading between the two. How do you wire this up? My LED gauge cluster requires only one wire.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Need to finish the car before summer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldchevyguy View Post
    Pin letter Z on the multifunction switch plug, orange in color. The manual says it goes to orange 959, a painless number which, if my research is right, means headlight battery +. My harness is designed for an older GM, and doesn't have that circuit. Would this be switched power for the turn signals a hazard lights?
    Pin Z on the multifunction switch plug is wired to #959 on the Painless Harness, which is constant +12V power through the 20Amp "Horn" fuse on the Painless panel. Any 20amp fused always-hot +12V should work fine. So not switched power, but constant power.

And FWIW, pins W, X and Z all get +12V constant power from the same source.

I'll let someone else chime in on your number 2.

Good luck!

-Michael
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SOLD JUNE 2018 - GTM #327, LS3, G50/20, Kooks, AC, Ron's Tanks, Crash's 4-port HCV, Shane's Bolts & Plenum & etc., plus a lot of other stuff. Finished November 2013.

Not-up-to-date Build Site: http://rumrunnergtm.weebly.com

Post Thanks / Like
    On your fuel gauge, out of the 2 wires that go to the float, the blue wire will go to your gauge. The other wire (gray or black) will go to ground along with the fuel pump ground.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure what year you have hear is a schematic for the tank wiring from a 1998 C5 if it doesn't come through let me know and I can e-mail or PM

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files