Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Saying hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Saying hello!

Joined to find out as much information as possible before attempting a father-son build. My son is 14 and in love with the hot rod truck. I gotta admit, it’s a sexy looking beast. Reading some threads has revealed a great community of people that are willing to help. That’s exciting for a potential buyer/novice builder

I tinkered in my youth with drag racing and rebuilding cars. I’m not afraid of the driveline components or steering, suspension and braking. Electrical intimidates me a little but I can read prints 🤓

If we pursue this adventure, I hope we can contribute to the forums (with something other than dumb questions)!

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Andy
    Welcome to the forum and ask away;
    There are a lot of good people on here that have done all kinds of things with a FF kit and are willing to help out the FNG's
    The truck has a lot of potential and would make a great father and son project.
    Dale
    7 Liter Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Andy-

I can't think of a better father/son project than one of these cars (and now truck)! I am building a Roadster with my two boys, and my only complaint is why the heck didn't I start sooner. I have spent some serious quality time in the garage with my boys, which is invaluable, as I suspect you know. And, we get to build a seriously cool car!

I will also confirm the quality of this community. I have had all sorts of dumb questions patiently answered -- without judgment by the folks here. You can feel quite comfortable bringing your questions here, and know you will get a thoughtful response.

If you have any concerns regarding whether or not you should do this, ask some questions and see if the folks here can help. Otherwise, place the order, and get in the garage!

All the best as you make your decision.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Andy,

Welcome! Don't let the electrical intimidate you as there are lots of folks here that are ready and willing to share their knowledge. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm an electrical engineer and needed help wiring my EFI. If you can follow a schematic and directions from others, you'll be just fine. The Ron Francis wiring harness if done very well and unless you stray from the basic build (EFI or other more complex wiring requirements), the latest instructions that come with the harness should get you to the finish line with minimal difficulty.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, Steve and Dale ~ thanks for the warm welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    By all means, ask the dumb questions. Sometimes, we don't know how much we've learned by doing this until we see somebody else asking them. Eventually, you'll be one of the guys answering them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks turbomacandcheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomacncheese View Post
    By all means, ask the dumb questions. Sometimes, we don't know how much we've learned by doing this until we see somebody else asking them. Eventually, you'll be one of the guys answering them!
    ain't that the truth! I didn't know what a bellhousing was when I started. Now I know every nut and bolt on my build. Plus, my son has really gotten into cars as a result. He wants a '35 truck too!

Welcome to the forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)