Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speakers in Headrests

Post Thanks / Like

Speakers in Headrests

Sound System Speaker Placement
    Some people say you can’t hear it while driving but I have been thinking about this for a while and I remember that the 1984,85 Pontiac Fiero stereo speakers were embedded in the headrests. The Kirkey 55 series seat may have enough room to install some 4" speakers in them and maybe add a subwoofer between the seats. Just a thought.

417096_12_full.jpg

seat speaker.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Lahrs37 did it in his build thread or was doing it but he kinda dropped off the board. Haven't seen him around much lately. You might look for his build thread.

Also I think the you cant hear it argument is a little over done. I have a bluetooth speaker I lay on the floor between the drivers seat and the door and play tunes from my iPhone. I can hear it just fine and it isn't even a real system. I even wear foam ear plugs when I drive and can still hear it fine.
    Last edited by wareaglescott; 01-20-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the NA Miata's (1st generation 90-97) had speakers in the headrest. There are aftermarket speakers available as replacements.
    Aside from the normal speaker sources, you might check Miata.net. They have an extensive vendor listing, tech section, and forum. You should be able to find good recommendations from Miata owners that are replacing their old factory speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 42Bfast View Post
    Some of the NA Miata's (1st generation 90-97) had speakers in the headrest...
    The same is true for the Mazda RX-7s. Same manufacturer, but at least now you have two models to research.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Wareaglescott's comment about the bluetooth speakers is so true. They have come so far in quality of sound and ease of use. I have a bluetooth amp in my shop that has unbelievable sound and volume. I am all about having tunes in my MK4 and ready to install a big expensive complicated system but have been thinking it might be simpler and much easier to get a couple bluetooth speakers that I can toss in the trunk while in the garage. The only disadvantage is no radio but I can't stand the radio stations anyway...
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a 300amp unit designed for motorcycles installed in the trunk and a pair of 6-inch round speakers put at the top of the waterfall between the seats. A simple 1/8" plug to my phone or iPod and we "got tunes!"

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue