Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCNS 02/2014 MK4 Coyote TKO500 8.8 IRS BT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SelectivePC View Post
    Need to do a bit of research on the oil pan and pick-up sets the other guys are using, and also the motor mount situation, as the used motor company pulled or motor mount brackets and mounts. *******s.

I have seen a lot of the Moroso's used, but don't know if there is a difference in them. So time to start googleing.
    The Moroso setup everyone is using with the Coyote is a Moroso 20570 pan with Moroso 24570 pickup. I'm not aware of another brand option, although maybe there is one.

For motor and transmission mounts, the common setup is the Energy Suspension 4.1127G 4.6L Mustang Motor Mounts and the Energy Suspension 4.1104G Transmission Mount. You'll want to add the 1/2-inch spacers that Factory Five makes for inside the motor mounts. Part of their Coyote installation package. But available separately.

Couple of other points. Looks like an F150 Coyote? That oil filter orientation is different than the Mustang, and as I recall that's one of the differences. Regardless, the oil cooler won't fit and probably you'll need to turn the oil filter or use a remote. Also, since you do have an older kit, I'm assuming you still have the older style footbox aluminum? A lot has changed since then for Coyote installations. Factory Five used to use sheet metal that also was for the older 4.6 mod motor. But it's an interference fit for the Coyote unless you tip the engine over, plus it takes a big bite out of the footbox space. There is newer sheet metal that fixes both. Gives room for the Coyote plus restores the lost footbox space. This was recently discussed in another forum post, so maybe you saw that or already knew about it.
    Last edited by edwardb; 02-20-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    The Moroso setup everyone is using with the Coyote is a Moroso 20570 pan with Moroso 24570 pickup. I'm not aware of another brand option, although maybe there is one.

For motor and transmission mounts, the common setup is the Energy Suspension 4.1127G 4.6L Mustang Motor Mounts and the Energy Suspension 4.1104G Transmission Mount. You'll want to add the 1/2-inch spacers that Factory Five makes for inside the motor mounts. Part of their Coyote installation package. But available separately.

Couple of other points. Looks like an F150 Coyote? That oil filter orientation is different than the Mustang, and as I recall that's one of the differences. Regardless, the oil cooler won't fit and probably you'll need to turn the oil filter or use a remote. Also, since you do have an older kit, I'm assuming you still have the older style footbox aluminum? A lot has changed since then for Coyote installations. Factory Five used to use sheet metal that also was for the older 4.6 mod motor. But it's an interference fit for the Coyote unless you tip the engine over, plus it takes a big bite out of the footbox space. There is newer sheet metal that fixes both. Gives room for the Coyote plus restores the lost footbox space. This was recently discussed in another forum post, so maybe you saw that or already knew about it.
    Yes it it out of a 2014 F150, and we will be doing a remote filter and removing that awkward filter housing mount. Thank you for the part numbers, and ill be giving FFR a call about the foot panels, I haven't really looked into the panels yet, but i can already tell its going to be a tight fit. That part number for the trans mount will work with the TKO trans?

Post Thanks / Like
    That part number for the trans mount will work with the TKO trans?
    Yes. Same one used on my previous TKO builds and now T-56 build. FYI, Factory Five does use an extension plate for the TKO when used with a Coyote in the Roadster. Moves the mount back since the Coyote is a bit shorter than other engines. Visible in this picture if you zoom in on the transmission mount area:

For the footbox sheet metal, just an encouragement to also consider the footbox space in addition to the engine space. The new sheetmetal addresses both. This picture shows a Coyote build with the previous mod motor sheet metal. Note how it was necessary to tip the accelerator pedal over plus narrow the clutch pedal. It's still really tight even with these changes. The new sheetmetal gives a couple inches of space in the area of the accelerator pedal, and it makes a huge difference. I wasn't going to do a Coyote build until this was addressed. After driving two previous SBF builds I wasn't willing to live with less space in an already tight area.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Same one used on my previous TKO builds and now T-56 build. FYI, Factory Five does use an extension plate for the TKO when used with a Coyote in the Roadster. Moves the mount back since the Coyote is a bit shorter than other engines. Visible in this picture if you zoom in on the transmission mount area:

For the footbox sheet metal, just an encouragement to also consider the footbox space in addition to the engine space. The new sheetmetal addresses both. This picture shows a Coyote build with the previous mod motor sheet metal. Note how it was necessary to tip the accelerator pedal over plus narrow the clutch pedal. It's still really tight even with these changes. The new sheetmetal gives a couple inches of space in the area of the accelerator pedal, and it makes a huge difference. I wasn't going to do a Coyote build until this was addressed. After driving two previous SBF builds I wasn't willing to live with less space in an already tight area.

Ok, I am running a standard cable driven throttle body, so i'm retaining the stock pedal the kit came with, and running the cable that comes in the throttle body kit. Using the Holley EFI system and completely getting rid of the factory pedal BS, so foot room shouldn't be to bad in there.

I will however need to call them about that mount spacer, or make one

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I am running a standard cable driven throttle body, so i'm retaining the stock pedal the kit came with, and running the cable that comes in the throttle body kit. Using the Holley EFI system and completely getting rid of the factory pedal BS, so foot room shouldn't be to bad in there.
    A traditional accelerator pedal vs. the Coyote DBW module doesn't have any bearing on available footspace. If you were to see the old vs. newer sheet metal side-by-side you would see the difference. Good luck whatever you decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    A traditional accelerator pedal vs. the Coyote DBW module doesn't have any bearing on available footspace. If you were to see the old vs. newer sheet metal side-by-side you would see the difference. Good luck whatever you decide.
    I'm not against it at all, I mean if it works and frees up some foot box space and doesn't have too much of a FFR tax attached to the price lol, im all for it. Ill have to call them in the AM, didn't get around too it was busy installing a bad *** hand me down from a customer. See next post.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to drop the tank again;/

So one of our very good customers with a fancy Foxbody, needed us to install a fuel cell, and triple pump setup in his car. So we asked what he was doing with his old setup, and long behold....I own it now

Mehh (Side note, I did not loosen the bolts holding the rear portion of the straps and bent them, and and now have a new set on order already Ha whoops)

But hey new toys

And installed

Aeromotive A1000 built into a Foxbody tank.... Not shabby at all, should suffice for the Coyote.

On a side note, these also showed up today. Quality is amazing again with this Holley EFI stuff...cant wait to get it into action

Last edited by SelectivePC; 02-21-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few more goodies, thanks again EdwardB, for the quick response and part numbers.

Mounts

Oil pan and pick-up

Also starting the fuel system this evening

-6 all the way

On a side note, has anyone left the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) towards the rear of the car near the tank, or as close to the motor as possible like usual. Only reason I ask, is because the newer mustangs (5.0 based) have a in tank, (in pump actually) regulator. I may be over thinking it, but I was thinking of just running one single line to the front for a feed instead of a feed and return, and leave the FPR more towards the tank area?? Any input would be great. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    On a side note, has anyone left the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) towards the rear of the car near the tank, or as close to the motor as possible like usual. Only reason I ask, is because the newer mustangs (5.0 based) have a in tank, (in pump actually) regulator. I may be over thinking it, but I was thinking of just running one single line to the front for a feed instead of a feed and return, and leave the FPR more towards the tank area?? Any input would be great. Thanks guys.
    I've noticed a number of Coyote builds using a fixed pressure regulator/filter near the tank with a short return line and only running the single supply line to the engine compartment with excellent results. Breeze sells a kit that uses (I believe) this particular regulator. http://www.breezeautomotive.com/deta...p?prod_id=1185. I did my Coyote Roadster with 3/8-inch supply and return lines to the engine compartment, and doing the same with the Coupe build. Just finishing them up today. I'm kind of stuck on having the pressure adjustable and also prefer to regulate the pressure at the end of the line not at the beginning. But I'm not an expert in fluid mechanics (hardly...) so can't say whether the difference is worth talking about. I'm sure either way is fine. BTW, I wouldn't draw too many comparisons to the Mustang fuel delivery system. It may have a return line to the tank (I really don't know...) but the Mustang by definition is a returnless system. The fuel pump running and resultant pressure is controlled by the PCM. For the crate Coyote, Ford changed this to a return system where the pump runs wide open all the time and the excess fuel is returned to the tank.
    Last edited by edwardb; 02-26-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed a number of Coyote builds using a fixed pressure regulator/filter near the tank with a short return line and only running the single supply line to the engine compartment with excellent results. Breeze sells a kit that uses (I believe) this particular regulator. http://www.breezeautomotive.com/deta...p?prod_id=1185. I did my Coyote Roadster with 3/8-inch supply and return lines to the engine compartment, and doing the same with the Coupe build. Just finishing them up today. I'm kind of stuck on having the pressure adjustable and also prefer to regulate the pressure at the end of the line not at the beginning. But I'm not an expert in fluid mechanics (hardly...) so can't say whether the difference is worth talking about. I'm sure either way is fine. BTW, I wouldn't draw too many comparisons to the Mustang fuel delivery system. It may have a return line to the tank (I really don't know...) but the Mustang by definition is a returnless system. The fuel pump running and resultant pressure is controlled by the PCM. For the crate Coyote, Ford changed this to a return system where the pump runs wide open all the time and the excess fuel is returned to the tank.

Good enough for me, sounds like ill be running both lines which i'm fine with, just a wondering mind

Got the motor all painted up. Cute little blue berry.

Now for some more powder coating and we will be getting a first fitment of the motor in, too see what we are going to be doing about headers. Again having a different approach to the build. Wanting to go against the grain and not use the usual side exit exhaust. Time will tell though, may end up changing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    That painted block is going to look great. If I had it to do over....

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    That painted block is going to look great. If I had it to do over....

-Steve
    I was a little worried about it at the start, but its growing on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Motors in for fitment

Small little update, set the motor in to make up our own spacers for the motor mounts, which turned out perfect. Trans will be going in sometime this next week if I can get a lift to open up. Here's a few pictures.

Oil pan test fitted, had to check pick-up depth just to make sure.

Motor set in for test fit.

Spacers installed to elevate the motor a tiny bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also this was kind of irritating me and the new tools came in finally so I redid this line.

New line route, may end up redoing a few other lines I noticed as well.

Its way better looking, and supported correctly now also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12