FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bed Boards

Post Thanks / Like

Bed Boards

I am looking for some ideas on placing the bed boards in the box. I have milled my own from red Oak and am using 8 boards. I would like to make the bed removable and not have it sitting on the SS plate supplied by FFR. Love to see some ideas and pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stillwater 35. Did a removable bed like your talking about . Check his build thread.
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post349270

The real trick is marking out on the sheet metal where the frame is. You can do this with witness marks and a long straight edge. Then you know which places you have daylight through the stainless, and where you don't.

My suggestion is to install rivnuts where you want to install the metal in to the frame. Then you don't need to have nuts behind your seat. For two years I was removing the seat to remove the bed. Now that I don't have to do that - the bed removal is so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I would suggest still using the stainless. Makes the whole thing 1-piece. I guess the downside of that is the thing is super heavy as 1 piece. I use my engine hoist.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post460184