Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Connecting E-Brake on Stock Mustang Brakes

Post Thanks / Like

Connecting E-Brake on Stock Mustang Brakes

I installed the Mustang Stock 13" Rear Brakes I got when I bought a salvaged IRS rear end from a 2016 Mustang GT for the IRS rear brakes. It has the stock emergency brake cables attached.

Stock cable end at the caliper:

Stock cable end at the handle end:

Has anyone used the stock e-brake cables to attach to the FFR e-brake handle? The cables are quite long (~6' PS, ~5' DS) and looks like I would need to make an adapter to connect it to the FFR e-brake handle. I talked with FFR and they said to use the 87-93 Mustang w/ Disc Brake e-brake cable. When I looked at the pictures on-line of this cable, it doesn't have the rectangular connector on the end of the cable like the 2016 stock e-brake cable.
    MK4 #9237 - complete kit, Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 12/11/17

Post Thanks / Like
    The 87-93 cable will not work with your calipers. It may be possible to change the lever on the caliper, to the style that the Fox Mustang cables used.Maybe someone who has done that could chip in? I'm not sure if you can even buy that lever independently from the caliper.

At the E-brake handle end, you need a cable T, like the one pictured.

FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what the lever on the Fox mustang looks like. The cable end slips into the U shaped part.

You may just have to play around with your existing cables to find a suitable route, to the handle. Some fellows ran them down under the 4" cross tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call FFR and see if they will send the adaptors that they send when you buy the brakes from them. It is a little bracket that adapts the round knurl to slip of the hook on the Mustang brakes. If you look close you can see it in this picture its the little black L shaped bracket. IMG_2506.JPG
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback. FFR saw this post and contacted me and are sending me the adapters so they say all I need to do now is get the brake cables from the 87-93 Mustang.
    MK4 #9237 - complete kit, Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 12/11/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Not quite, the cable need to be for an 87 to 92 mustang and with disc brakes. We have those cables if it helps. Richard.
    Richard Oben FFR builder www.northracecars.com

Need help finishing your project we can help here or at your shop.

FFR GTM #34 first GTM with working AC. 400 hp LS1 w/G50
    FFR coupe 3617CP 331 Stack EFI T-5 IRS Cobra brakes, AC/heat.
    Both cars by NRC, we can build (and have built) any FFR product.
    We also make and sell a ton of great parts for the FFR community.
    Brake kits, AC systems, #1 supplier of Team III wheels.