Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Insurance before title and registration in Texas. Which company?

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance before title and registration in Texas. Which company?

Does anyone have a suggestion for an insurance company that will insure a roadster before completion in Texas? Also, I understand that I have to get an ASE inspection prior to registration. Anyone near Austin have a recommendation for a shop or ASE mechanic that can do that?
    LS1, TKO600, IRS, no scoop, undercar exhaust. Delivered June 14, 2017, First start December 31, 2017, Registered and Titled Sept 12, 2019.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help with the ASE mechanic except to say most large repair places have one. I found mine at a Firestone Tire store. State Farm insured mine before the registration was complete but I have State Farm for my other cars.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Call Robbin

He is great to work with. He insured mine during construction. Be sure to let him know before you go cart though.

http://www.midwestclassicins.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I used an Allstate agent for my insurance. Happened to be a friend of mine. Turns out they insure through Hagerty. It was a pretty painless process... and strange at the same time. You know how everytime you go get new insurance, you kinda "half-lie" to them .. make them think you drive like an old person, never drive above the speed limit, and only own a 98hp minivan? Hagerty was the opposite. They almost seemed like they were not too interested in insuring me until I "fessed up" about my real driving history. haha... really didn't expect that. Turns out they needed/wanted to know that I could handle a high-powered machine. They were happy to hear I've owned mustangs and corvettes and regularly drive at AutoX events. I still don't really know if somehow I got "fooled" or something, but my Insurance buddy didn't seem even a little phased by it. so.. (idunno)

As for ASE mech.. can't help you in Austin. I'm in SA. The shop I used was pretty painless though. in and out in 20 minutes. I can offer you this though... if like me you found an ASE mechanic that insists on windshield wipers, despite the law not being crystal clear on them for a '65 replica... and if like me, you don't intend to install any long term... I can happily loan you my "removable" ones if ya need some for inspection.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...dshield-Wipers

I'll need them back though.. since I've decided to hang on for at least a year before selling/trading/renting/loaning them out, just in case for some reason I run into issues with the "You don't need to re-inspect every year with the form VT-852 inspection". When I went into the tax office for my final proper reg and title, the lady had no idea about this "no more inspections" status. Which is clearly laid out in the Assembled Vehicle Manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. This is all helpful. skidd, I'm actually installing the ffr wiper motor and heater this weekend. Thanks for the offer though.
    LS1, TKO600, IRS, no scoop, undercar exhaust. Delivered June 14, 2017, First start December 31, 2017, Registered and Titled Sept 12, 2019.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Qualtech automotive in Bee Cave. Print out the correct form from the DMV and take it with you.

http://www.qualtechauto.com/

Bob
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017