Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Customer Service

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FFR Customer Service

Potentially new member here.

Just wondering what the support is generally like from FFR. I called a few mins ago to ask a sales person to walk me over the options for a roadster complete kit. Got the impression that he was busy and could only give me 5 or 10 mins. Not exactly the response I expected when I'm calling to spend a lot of money.

Perhaps I'm just over reacting. I'm a small business owner myself and I'd ALWAYS have time for a customer that wants to spend money.

So just wanting to see what the general feeling is. This is a lot of money to build these cars ( at least a lot to me ).

Flame suit on.

mark

Post Thanks / Like
    If you take the time to read the posts in this forum, the consensus is that Customer Service is fairly good. Perhaps if you have questions, and you are in the forum, ask your questions here.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have always made time for me and all the customers that I have built cars for. Give them another call, they will take care of you.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Guys, I'll probably call them Monday and hopefully they'll have time. Just wanted to walk down their order form and get a feel for what I need to order.

mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Call them on Tuesday. Guys spend all weekend working on their builds and coming up with questions and FFR's phones light up on Monday morning.

They are a small company and everyone wears multiple hats. I don't think they have anyone who sits at a desk entirely dedicated to sales, strangely enough. They tend to route questions back to their technicians/engineers. These are the same guys doing R&D, prototyping new designs and loading cars into trailers for shows etc. Sometimes, those guys are swamped. Frustrating when you might just have a simple question but great when you need solid technical advice from someone who has built the cars first hand.

I'd say be a little patient and you will find they are very good to work with. They genuinely care about helping people complete these projects.

Good luck, if you choose to join the party you wont regret it. I'm having a blast!

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Steve, great information. As I'm new to this, just wanted to get feedback. May seem picky, but to me it's worth asking the questions on the forum.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see you are in the San Diego area. You're welcome to stop by and chat and I'd really recommend that you attend the show in Huntington Beach on April-28th. You'll see so many cars and options that you might go into overload.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I love FFR, but if I'm honest you'll hear good stories and not-so-good stories.. personally I've found emails to them work best, because they can answer in less hurry. I never got on well with phoning, but I only tried a couple times. Courtnie (not there now) always seemed rushed on the phone.

This forum more than makes up for it. An amazing bunch, very friendly and very helpful. David does a great job keeping the spammers and trolls away.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I see you are in the San Diego area. You're welcome to stop by and chat and I'd really recommend that you attend the show in Huntington Beach on April-28th. You'll see so many cars and options that you might go into overload.

Ray
    Ray. I'd be happy to take you up on your offer. Let me know when would work for you.

mark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mark-

I've been tracking a Cobra build and am within a few weeks of ordering. My assumption with a company like FFR is they get a BILLION phone calls a day from people "who are planning to buy one." I'd venture to guess about 1 in 10,000 follow through. Additionally, they ARE busy building kits for customers who have ordered. I also run a business, a large one, and sometimes I may have given the impression I'm busy, but it's because I AM. I don't think it was intentional I think they just focus on customer support, more than customer acquisition. I can tell you I've been in communications almost entirely through email and they respond within 24 hours, address all questions, and seem incredibly thorough!

Best of luck! We all have bad days... remember it's about THE BUILD! Also the tech section is really designed for a lot of the questions, rather than the sales dept. Just MHO!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Factory Five is also going to be at the Grand National Roadster Show THIS WEEKEND in Pomona. Come on up and say hi! I'll be there (with TROJAN), but most importantly Dave Smith will be on hand too so you can discuss your build ideas with the president of the company!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    After sale support is very important too. They have always had time for me and always courteous. Problems solved are to their advantage. I agree with others that reading the forum articles and asking questions is most helpful. Finding someone who is building one like you want is also helpful. Go look at it in person. Sit in it. Is this you? You will find that working through difficult situations along the way will expand your abilities. These cars are what you make of them. Along with the finished car is the knowledge that you actually built it! There is only one way to get that feeling.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually call rather than email and can't complain about service. Purchasing my kit was easy and the staff made sure all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. I'm also happy with the after sale support. I'd have to give them great marks for service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps a Friday afternoon is not the best time for a long phone call

I'll get with them early next week

Can't wait!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    I love FFR, but if I'm honest you'll hear good stories and not-so-good stories.. personally I've found emails to them work best, because they can answer in less hurry. I never got on well with phoning, but I only tried a couple times. Courtnie (not there now) always seemed rushed on the phone.

This forum more than makes up for it. An amazing bunch, very friendly and very helpful. David does a great job keeping the spammers and trolls away.
    I'll second this. I've only called FFR a couple of times. Once to talk to Courtnie when she was there to clear up a couple of questions on my order and another time to purchase a part. Both times on the phone seemed rushed. On the contrary, every time I've had a question that could be asked via e-mail, I've received what I needed within a day or two. When I was working through my EFI wiring, I had both Dan at FFR and Johnny at BluePrint collaborating to get me answers to my questions. As was already mentioned, they don't have a dedicated phone support person. When you call, you are going to get whoever is available and they will help you, but are also trying to take care of all their other work.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lewma View Post
    Ray. I'd be happy to take you up on your offer. Let me know when would work for you.

mark.
    This weekend works for us. If you can make it, send me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I only called FF I think twice during my build, once for backordered parts and once for a missing part. Both times service was excellent. Everyone has their own experiences but One has to realize they are a small company and do not have a call center like much larger ones. With this forum and the other, I don’t see a need to call them unless of course for BO parts or perhaps delivery of your order.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lewma-

I think you have already received some terrific responses, so I won't reiterate what others have said. I do however, have one more thing for you to consider.

When I call, if I have a brief question, I get straight to it. However, if I have a tougher question, or several that I know will take some time, I first ask them if they have time for me. And I follow-up with some detail just to make they have time. They are always honest, and if they are swamped, I tell them I will hit them up another time, when they are less busy. They typically tell me when they think they will have a few free minutes to take the time to go through my issue(s). Sometimes, they ask me to send an e-mail, and they will get to it as soon as they are able. I always get a very thoughtful and detailed response.

I have had great success with this, and they have been great to work with. They are not perfect, but always great to work with! I have been extremely pleased with pre and post sales support. And, I have been extremely pleased with this forum, and the great folks here that give of their time and their vast experiences. Solid folks here that are very selfless, and willing to share their brain with the rest of us!

Good luck with your plan, and your build should you make the decision to buy!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, like others, I've always received thorough answers from Factory Five but avoid Mondays and Friday afternoons. This forum has been a huge help to me while building 2 FFR cars. Ask your questions here and you'll get answers.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This is a great forum! I had previously read as much as I could about FFR and had an impression that it was a good company. I called Friday, with literally my wallet open ready to spend the money. It was a little puzzling that the person on the phone was too busy to take the money No harm done. I filled out the online form this morning, guessed on a couple of the options then hit the big BUY button!

I'll give them a couple of days then call them again to go over the options that I'm not sure about.

Can't wait to get started!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your order! Great to get in on the sale, post any questions we are here to help

Post Thanks / Like
    A week or two before they build your car someone will call you and go over your order with you and arrange for final payment. This is a good time to ask questions and change things. They want to make sure you get what you want at this point before they build and pack your kit.
    Factory Five Type-65 Coupe:"Race Spec" coupe, Ordered 1/12, picked-up 5/12, roller 5/12, first start 10/12, finished 4/13
    Factory Five Roadster: Sold 12/2011.
    http://www.25tires.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You'd probably get better answers to your questions, asking them here on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jkrueger View Post
    A week or two before they build your car someone will call you and go over your order with you and arrange for final payment. This is a good time to ask questions and change things. They want to make sure you get what you want at this point before they build and pack your kit.
    I didn't get this call, so make sure you have the due date for the final payment on your calendar. Almost missed my ship date because I was waiting to hear. I know, I know, it should have been on my calendar so I could have called myself...

Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    You'd probably get better answers to your questions, asking them here on the forum.
    Agreed. Hard for anybody to recommend the right stuff to you. Best to see what other people are doing and whether it looks reasonable/desirable.

I also will second everybody who said email them. I've always been satisfied through email, and never had to make a call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’m not sure when you first called but I do know that for the last 10 days to 2 weeks the office has been short staffed. Several staff members have been on the road to AZ for the Barrett-Jackson auction and then on to CA for the National Roadser Show. I’m sure they would love for you to be a proud owner. My own experience I have to say has been very good. The only issue I have had is waiting for backordered parts on both my builds. But they do get them to you fairly quickly.
    Everything else you need to know your new family on this forum will take care of you through the build.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    FFR followed up with me over the weekend, and I talked with Jay from FFR this morning on the phone. All good, order placed. Can't wait for it to get here!

Whatever reservations I had about FFR last Friday afternoon ( mostly running around in my own head ) have been wiped out. I feel bad now about posting on the forum about this, but I knew I'd get honest feedback based on the other posts I've read over the past few months.

Long story short. Nothing to see here. Move along....