Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Homemade Mounting Bracket for CNC Triple Reservoir

Post Thanks / Like

Homemade Mounting Bracket for CNC Triple Reservoir

For you guys that gen'd up your own mounting bracket for the triple (or double) CNC reservoir, where'd you get the metal to create the bracket?

I can only find 2" wide aluminum flat stock locally. My measurements say that's not wide enough.

So, how'd you do it, and where'd you find metal? I'm going to a welding supply company tomorrow morning, but I'm not optimistic about my chances there.

Perhaps the "how'd you do it" question might be more relevant. Maybe I'm looking for something that I don't need?

Thanks!
    --Curt
    Roadster #9146. Complete Kit, 363 w/Jim Inglese Weber Carbs, Forte TKO600 w/Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, F & R Sway Bars, 17" Halibrands, Power Steering, Breeze Front Battery Kit, Herb's Door Panels, and who knows what else left to be added.
    Ordered 5/19/17. Delivered 8/18/17. Slowly Building.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used McMaster Carr for my double FFR-version mount. I think it was 4" square.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang! Why didn't I think of that? I see it on their site, and will be ordering. Thanks!
    Roadster #9146. Complete Kit, 363 w/Jim Inglese Weber Carbs, Forte TKO600 w/Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, F & R Sway Bars, 17" Halibrands, Power Steering, Breeze Front Battery Kit, Herb's Door Panels, and who knows what else left to be added.
    Ordered 5/19/17. Delivered 8/18/17. Slowly Building.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Curt, here's mine:

Notes-

I used 2" flat stock from the hardware store for the support and leftover .040 aluminum and the mounting bracket. I made sure to mark where the hood struts would be and marked it with some electrical tape to make sure there wasn't any interference. I angled the mounting holes on the bracket so the reservoirs were level. On my 2nd build I went with stiffer aluminum (.10) and didn't fab up the support, and I angled the top so the whole bracket was "level".

Here are pics of the 2nd build:

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I started off making a simple bracket out of a piece of the non-Wilwood foot box panel. After mounting it, I realized how flimsy it was and was worried about frothing the brake fluid. I then made a mounting plate out of 1/4" aluminum that I found on Amazon (two pieces for less than $12).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the original bracket:

Here is the much more solid plate setup:

Last edited by Papa; 01-26-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    For future reference, a good source of metal & plastic is www.onlinemetals.com. They have a good selection and specialize in small quantity orders of sizes that can ship UPS. So if you need a 36"x48" sheet of aluminum or an 8' length of chrome molly tubing or any number of other metals in sizes from 12" and up, these guys are your go-to source.