Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 6 Speed conversion kit from FFR

Post Thanks / Like

6 Speed conversion kit from FFR

Hey guys, I decided to go with a 6 speed instead of 5. I actually found a 2011 6 speed on ebay for $1100 that has a shot center dif since they towed it wrong. It doesn't matter as we don't use the center diff. The only add on with be the speed sensor which will be easy to figure out with the couple kits available out there.
    I ordered the kit from FFR with the spool piece.
    Well, it says in the instructions that it comes with:

"Adapter Kit Contents
    -2WD adapter Flange
    -Shift Linkage bracket
    -Rear drive block-off plate
    -Oil Passage plug
    -Tamper-proof T45 Torx bit "

and in the instructions it tell you to use " the provided hardware" etc..

Well, nothing is provided, only the adapter flange.
    I called FFR and they don't know anything about it. They told me it must be a mistake in the instructions.....
    for $300... it's pretty disappointing. The spool piece looks awesome though!!
    Anyways, just wanted to let people know what to expect.

Post Thanks / Like
    To quote the F5 Info "2004-2007 US Model Subaru WRX STI Transmission" for their six speed conversion. Will we see a custom made adapter from you or will you get a different transmission?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UnhipPopano View Post
    To quote the F5 Info "2004-2007 US Model Subaru WRX STI Transmission" for their six speed conversion. Will we see a custom made adapter from you or will you get a different transmission?

i checked. The adaptor will work in a 2011 tranny. Not sure why they don't update...

Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part 80743 is the adapter flange, it is $300 for the flange itself, part 80855 is the conversion kit which comes with the parts you listed above. It sounds like someone sold you the wrong part number, shoot me an email and we can get it fixed, jim(at)factoryfivedotcom
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jim,

I talked to somebody in parts before ordering and they told me I was looking at the 5-speed kit and that they don't make anything for the 6 speed besides the adaptor flange.... If I do a search I can't find it on your site. I'll shoot you an email, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the 6-speed conversion kit from FFR, a couple years ago...for my STI donor. And it did include everything in that list. The "rear drive block-off plate" is just a small circular piece of sheet aluminum about 2 or 3 inches in diameter. The oil passage plug is another small rectangular piece of sheet aluminum that I ended up not needing. I did get a new shifter cable bracket for the 6-speed and the torx bit in the conversion kit, too. However, the adapter flange - the only important part in the conversion kit, did not work with my 2005 STI center diff. I ended up going with the very expensive, but very well-made, adapter from Possum Bourne Motorsports. However I'm not sure they still offer it. I am out if town so don't have my pictures or files. Did you get the instructions for the conversion? They are very good and clear up the parts needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I just sent an email to Jim. FFR seems ot be confused. All that came is the spool piece. I have instruction, that's were I saw that all that tuff was missing.