Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RIP - our friend Chuck Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

RIP - our friend Chuck Robertson

Sad news... Our friend, builder and driver, Chuck Robertson passed away yesterday January 25th. at the age of 70.
    As more news becomes available I'll try to post it here.
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    RIP Chuck.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Fair Winds and Following Seas, Chuck!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only known Chuck all these years through these forums and never had an opportunity to meet. For his family as well as those of you who spent time together and counted counted him as a friend I offer my deepest condolences.

Jeff

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jeff Miller just called me to let me know. HUGE loss. Chuck was one of the best and his wife Penny is also an amazing woman. I raced with Chuck at LVMS in 2003 and he was a fast racer. More than that, he was always smiling and one of the last of the "Pirates" ask Batman. Such a hard week and such tough news. I can't say anything that means anything compared to the mountain of a life that he lived. GodSpeed indeed my friend. Hey Gurney. look over your shoulder and say hello to Chuck.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Such horrible news...

I met Chuck the first time I went to the Knotts show in 1995. He was always nothing but gracious to me. He was an incredibly solid guy. I wil miss him!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We met Penny and Chuck in July, 2007, on our first cruise with the Utah Cobra group (to Yellowstone). They were truly a couple, engaging, interesting and interested, cared about you, your car, and most of all invited us into their kind and gentle world. We will recall the fond memories shared with Chuck, his humor, and love of people and cars. Our sympathy and encouragement goes out to Penny during these sad times.
    Chuck, you will be missed and remembered, and always considered a friend.

Victoria and John Tongish
    I can't believe I built it, and it runs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doug,

You know I knew Chuck pretty well when you guys lived in Vegas. Please pass on my condolences to his family.
    He will be missed greatly in the F5 family, he was one of the good guys.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doc, if you see any of the other guys there in Vegas, please pass this on. I spoke with Bart and Rick last night but I've lost touch with most of the others.
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are from a visit back in December of 1999 when Chuck and Penny stopped by.

@ dinner.JPGChuck & Penny.JPGP1010041.JPG

Cool guy and I'm proud to have known him.

He'll be missed.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I also met Chuck at Las Vegas in 2003. The Traveler and I drove out. I shipped a BIG BOX of cobraearl products to Chucks House. He brought them to the track He loaned me stuff like tables... HE COULD NOT STOP HELPING ME.... Volunteering stuff before I even asked. If I remember right, Chuck hosted a big party at his house.....where I took a FAMOUS photo of the BAT!!!. Chuck was a fine and wonderful guy and a great help to an almost total stranger.

RIP CHUCK.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the bad news last night from Don DePonte, we are both good friends of Chuck and Pennys.Chuck has been a great member of the ffr family from the very early days and I am proud to call him a friend. He was a mild , friendly soul with a great smile and easy going personality who loved tearing up the track with his ffr roadster and always by his side with an even broader smile was his wonderful wife Penny.
    RIP Chuck, I will miss your sly smirk and great sence of humor, Penny our thoughts are with you and the whole Robertson family

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    RIP Chuck!
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: It looks like the services for Chuck will be held in March. As Chuck was a veteran, the family wants to handle the arrangements through the VA. The VA is somewhat backed up with requests and it will be March before the service can be held.

If anything changes, it will be posted here. I'll also post more specifics on the services as the family makes decisions. Please keep the family in your prayers. Penny is also dealing with some health issues but will come thru it just fine.
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    Doug,
    In response to post #9, yes, by all means. I will see most of the guys Saturday morning at Cars & Coffee and I'll make sure the "North End" guys get the message too.
    Chuck was such a good friend to so many here in Vegas, he will surely be missed . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Moved to the Checkered Flag forum...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Funeral services for Chuck will be held Friday, March 2nd at 3:00 at the Prescott National Cemetery. Address is 500 AZ-89, Prescott, AZ 86301. A Reception will follow at Chuck & Penny's home. I've heard that peach pie will be served, on of Chuck's favorites. Come if you can. I'm sure Chuck would love to have all his Cobra friends in attendance.
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley and I are planning to attend.
    Chuck was a great person and an inspiration.

Here is the Prescott National Cemetery address
    500 Highway 89 North
    Prescott, AZ 86313

See you there! March 2 at 3:00pm

https://www.cem.va.gov/CEM/cems/nchp/prescott.asp
    FFR 3850K Mark II arrived 10/18/02; 95 Cobra EFI 5.0, , CSX Dash, IRS w/pin drive real Magnesium Halibrand Cobra II Rims w/ Goodyear 15" Eagle Billboard tires; SRP Paint 4/19/03; "Fun 65" plates; Engine runs 5/14/03; Insured 5/23/03; 1st Drive 5/31/03; Best Interior 3rd Place Vegas 11/8/03, Pic of Month Dec 03, Best Pantera/Cobra 2nd Place All-Ford Hillsboro 04, Best 60-66 at Sherwood 04, Best of all FFR National Show Las Vegas 11/04, Best Roadster Willow Springs 05, Best in Class AutoRama SLC Mar 06, Best Use of Chrome Knotts Apr 07, 23.1 avg mpg; 13.089 1/4 mi. Additions: Chrome pin drive Wheels with Mickey Thompson S/T tires 295/50R15 & 235/60R15, VPM bars, Torsen, Koni shocks 16" front 18" rear, 500 lb springs front and rear, leather seats.

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Larry,

Thanks for posting this. I'll be there. After Chuck died I called his cell and left a message for him telling him I loved him and what a difference he made in my life. Looking back it sure feels dumb, but at the time it made sense. Anyway, I've gotta be in Austin Texas at a Regulatory meeting at the request of SEMA relating to changes in Texas vehicle codes for home-builts... but i'll be done by Thursday night and so I made a flight to head over to Phoenix in time to drive up for the service on Friday. Look forward to seeing you there and some other FFR folks. Sad occasion, but a great man. Dave Smith
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    So good to hear that your coming Dave. I'm sure Penny and the rest of the family will really appreciate you presence. I doubt that we'll be smoking any cigars at this funeral but you'll get to partake in some of Chucks favorite things.. Bill's Pizza, Peach Ice Cream and of course Prescott, AZ

Also it will be great to see you, Larry and Shirley, again!

And all others are invited also... Factory Five was Chuck's extended Family.
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link to Chuck's page on the funeral home's site. Be sure to leave a note and any pictures you'd like to share with the family:

Charles Robertson
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to pay my respects; this community feels so at home with me. I love how connected you all are. I want to continue with this hobby over others just because of you all.

Godspeed To him and his family.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to the forum and just started my roadster build so I never met Chuck and Penny but want to pass along my condolences to his family to all of you who knew him. I'm so glad to be part of this forum (family).