Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: California title for 33Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like

California title for 33Hot Rod

Has anyone brought a pre-titled car into California and gotten through the process to get a California title? I am planning on purchasing an FFR 33 that is titled as a 33 Ford special construction from North Carolina.

Any word on the process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Joel
    Joel "Beef" Heft
    LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shi*, what a ride!"

FFR MK3 #4306, 05 Mustang 4.6L 3V, 5 Speed, IRS, Dual Roll Bars, Power Steering and Power Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is anecdotal but i asked the BAR referee if hes ever seen a car rejected for SPCN. He said that the only time he has seen an issue was when someone tried to title a car from out of state. Now i don't know if that was a car that was already registered or one with a similar history as the one you are looking at. If i had to guess, if there hasn't been a title on the car yet out of state you should be able to get it through SPCN in California.
    My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    There lies my problem. It was previously titled in North Carolina as a 33 Ford Special Construction.

Joel
    Last edited by jetheft; 01-22-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    Joel "Beef" Heft
    LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shi*, what a ride!"

FFR MK3 #4306, 05 Mustang 4.6L 3V, 5 Speed, IRS, Dual Roll Bars, Power Steering and Power Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah an SB100 is for a NEW CA BUILD, not one already done. HOWEVER, if it's titled and smog exempt already, there should be no issue. The only out of state cars that have issues are the ones not CA smog approved. IE - You buy a 2015 Mustang Shelby and it's not a 50 state car, problems. Being the title is already 33 SPCN, I would say you should be fine, it's just a title transfer. best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone transferred an out of state title on a kit to a California title?
    Joel "Beef" Heft

Post Thanks / Like
    The state has a process for registering previously registered SPCNS vehicles from other states. Call the CA DMV and talk to them.
    Frank