Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2018 Grand National Roadster Show Pictures

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

2018 Grand National Roadster Show Pictures

The 2018 Grand National Roadster Show was a huge success! Our truck was there a week after the Barrett-Jackson show in Scottsdale. The 3-day GNRS brings together some of the best hot rods on the west coast and beyond. I sent Factory Five’s Tony Zullo, Chris Ronni, and Sally Bean and they were joined by SMG Motoring’s Freddy Simmons and Factory Five customers Karen Salvaggio, Frank Maslowski, Dave and Grant Hodgkins, and Deke and Corrine Brown. Dave Smith was unable to attend as originally planned due to work matters back home. At least the weather in New England was cold and rainy, so it’s not like he missed the 75* sunny SoCal weather.

Tony Zullo (center right) has been on the road for Factory Five for almost three full weeks! The guy was in charge of the Barrett-Jackson Show and this year’s Grand National Roadster Show. It’s because of dedication and hardwork of people like Tony that Factory Five is able to deliver.

Out big rig was set-up on the south side of the Pomona Fairgrounds along side the road which heads towards the NHRA museum.

Customers Brett and Janice Cairns of Courtenay, BC brought a show-winning Factory Five ’33 that was perfect in every way.

Specs on Brett’s ’33 Hot Rod. The car was set-up at one of the indoor pavilions.

Karen Salvaggio (center) with Factory Five customers Mike Pace (left). Mike lives close to Dan Gurney, and was a close friend. Mike also built one of the earliest Factory Five Type 65 Coupes.

The ’35 Hot Rod Truck and the all-steel body ’33 Hot Rod were on display.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

The Factory Five exhibit had more than ten cars, many of the customers.

Factory Five hardcore crew (L to R): Sally, Chris, Tony, and Freddy.

The weather was perfect and the crowds were consistent. It seems like the Mk4 “Half Mobile” Roadster is always the most popular car at any show.

The Logano Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe-R was on display after being highlighted in the season finale of “Fast N’ Loud.” To the right of the Coupe is Phil Hodgkins award-winning USC-themed Factory Five Mk4 Roadster.

Above & Below: Shade made Factory Five’s display a popular stop as the weather was sunny the entire time.

Factory Five customers made the show possible. Here are some hardcore locals (L to R): Karen Salvaggio, Frank Maslowski, Robert Adomeit, and Grant Hodgkins.

This was the second year that we have attended the Grand National Roadster Show. We’ll definitely be back!
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

Factory Five customers (L to R) Al Elsheikh, Aaron Tinoco, and Mike Hartman all brought their cars to the show. There were a total of nine Factory Five customer cars at the show!

John Tongish brought his yellow Mk3 Roadster.
    Frank Maslowski brought his black hardtop Mk3 Roadster.
    Phil Hodgkins brought his yellow Mk4 Roadster.
    Karen Salvaggio brought her blue Gen 3 Coupe-R.
    Deke and Corrine Brown brought their ’33 Hot Rod.
    Mike Hartman, Al Eisheikh, and Aaron Tinoco all brought their Factory Five Roadsters.
    Robert Adomett brought his beautiful GTM.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Mad Dog, here are some pictures taken early in the morning before the show got out of control with people.

GNRS10 by i.e.427, on Flickr

GNRS9 by i.e.427, on Flickr

GNRS8 by i.e.427, on Flickr

GNRS7 by i.e.427, on Flickr

GNRS6 by i.e.427, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    A few more early morning pictures.

GNRS5 by i,e,427, on Flickr

GNRS4 by i.e.427, on Flickr

GNRS2 by i.e.427, on Flickr

GNRS1 by i.e.427, on Flickr

GNRS# by i.e.427, on Flickr