Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
Dave, you know I support your efforts but this brings back memories. This forum serves Factory Five as well as members. Can't get over the past so have two concerns.

Can we get clarification of Factory Five's financial interest in forum ownership?
Written guarantee that should the forum ever be sold for profit, lifetime supporting members would receive a refund of membership fees.
Mike,

The forum was built for the sole purpose to serve the FFR community of builders and to protect the cottage industry of small companies that have sprouted up over the years surrounding FFR. To insure that, Dave Smith maintains majority ownership but I run the forum, and maintain editorial and "policing" control. Meaning DS has chosen not to have a say in editing membership rights or content. This is done so that the community maintains independence, but has backing that insures stability. I can't imagine a scenario where DS sells the forum.

That said, there are no guarantees, and I'm certainly not going to give one now, written or otherwise. But I will say that for MEMBERS who have CHOSEN to donate, know that these funds are being used exclusively for expenses and helping out folks (not me) that help the forum and/or the forum community. However, the fact is that we're not running a non-profit, and maintain the right to do as we please with forum funds. The forum is free to it's members, and supporting vendors keep the lights on. Could we use more vendors? Yes! If you know any, send them my way!

The bottom line is I was running tight this month and decided to go to the membership for help instead of DS or raising Supporting Vendor prices. It's not something I'm doing to pad my pockets - which, I might add, I have every right to do - and is already causing push-back, as evidenced by your post. But I'll take it, because the bills are paid, a promised debt to a Fedderson award winner has been paid, the vendors pay the lowest prices for advertising ANYWHERE, and a moderator tight on funds - again, not me - is getting covered to come to the HB show.

For anyone still contemplating donating, thank you in advance. I'd like to have the forum sponsor more stuff like HB and the Fedderson Award, but we need your help to do that!