Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Celebrating D Day - June 6th

Post Thanks / Like

Celebrating D Day - June 6th

This is a day to remember forever. On the morning of June 6th, thousands and thousands of young men landed on the Normandy beaches and began the liberation of Western Europe.
    I remember my Dad telling how he learned about the Allied invasion, how him and his brothers followed on a map the progress by secretly listening to the London Radio.
    How couple months later, he proudly paraded in a Jeep, with a GI who offered him a ride and his first chewing gum... he was 13 and the king of his town!
    And years later, going with him to the D Day anniversary events, visiting, honoring and paying respect to the fallen one at the Normandy American Cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer
    I was so impressed by those "Soldats Americains" who made the trip back to Normandy, with their medals, cap and friendliness for a 10 years old French kid.
    So many memories, such a wonderful time and opportunities when I think of it today

So in Honor of all those young guys and to Celebrate D-DAY
    I'm offering 20% off my Military Collection

It's sad, those poor guys on the other forums, don't know about the sale! Spread the word to your friends!
    Last edited by VeniceCobra; 06-01-2021 at 12:49 PM.