Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TheFactoryFiveForum.com support thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    Dave, you know I support your efforts but this brings back memories. This forum serves Factory Five as well as members. Can't get over the past so have two concerns.

Can we get clarification of Factory Five's financial interest in forum ownership?
    Written guarantee that should the forum ever be sold for profit, lifetime supporting members would receive a refund of membership fees.
    Mike,

The forum was built for the sole purpose to serve the FFR community of builders and to protect the cottage industry of small companies that have sprouted up over the years surrounding FFR. To insure that, Dave Smith maintains majority ownership but I run the forum, and maintain editorial and "policing" control. Meaning DS has chosen not to have a say in editing membership rights or content. This is done so that the community maintains independence, but has backing that insures stability. I can't imagine a scenario where DS sells the forum.

That said, there are no guarantees, and I'm certainly not going to give one now, written or otherwise. But I will say that for MEMBERS who have CHOSEN to donate, know that these funds are being used exclusively for expenses and helping out folks (not me) that help the forum and/or the forum community. However, the fact is that we're not running a non-profit, and maintain the right to do as we please with forum funds. The forum is free to it's members, and supporting vendors keep the lights on. Could we use more vendors? Yes! If you know any, send them my way!

The bottom line is I was running tight this month and decided to go to the membership for help instead of DS or raising Supporting Vendor prices. It's not something I'm doing to pad my pockets - which, I might add, I have every right to do - and is already causing push-back, as evidenced by your post. But I'll take it, because the bills are paid, a promised debt to a Fedderson award winner has been paid, the vendors pay the lowest prices for advertising ANYWHERE, and a moderator tight on funds - again, not me - is getting covered to come to the HB show.

For anyone still contemplating donating, thank you in advance. I'd like to have the forum sponsor more stuff like HB and the Fedderson Award, but we need your help to do that!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Works for me!
    No one is twisting my arm to be here. I'm here for the education, the car, and connection to community. So, for me, can't speak for anyone else, but the cost is well worth the benefits.

I am a retired Financial Controller, but you don't need that background to know it takes money and effort for any club, group, or business to survive. David provides the effort, I happy to help provide some funding to keep this forum viable, and absent the scammers and the disruptive forces that is so prevalent in most other public venues.

But that's just me. Each of us must decide for ourselves if this forum is worth our time, and upon occasion, money.

No offense to anyone intended, all of us play a role in keeping this going, and that does include asking tough questions, if one feels concerned.

Jumping off my self-assigned soapbox now. �� Sorry if I got dangerously close to a rant there. I think I need to go work on my car, must be suffering from withdrawal, ... haven't worked on it today. ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Payment send

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Mike,

The forum was built for the sole purpose to serve the FFR community of builders and to protect the cottage industry of small companies that have sprouted up over the years surrounding FFR. To insure that, Dave Smith maintains majority ownership but I run the forum, and maintain editorial and "policing" control. Meaning DS has chosen not to have a say in editing membership rights or content. This is done so that the community maintains independence, but has backing that insures stability. I can't imagine a scenario where DS sells the forum.

That said, there are no guarantees, and I'm certainly not going to give one now, written or otherwise. But I will say that for MEMBERS who have CHOSEN to donate, know that these funds are being used exclusively for expenses and helping out folks (not me) that help the forum and/or the forum community. However, the fact is that we're not running a non-profit, and maintain the right to do as we please with forum funds. The forum is free to it's members, and supporting vendors keep the lights on. Could we use more vendors? Yes! If you know any, send them my way!

The bottom line is I was running tight this month and decided to go to the membership for help instead of DS or raising Supporting Vendor prices. It's not something I'm doing to pad my pockets - which, I might add, I have every right to do - and is already causing push-back, as evidenced by your post. But I'll take it, because the bills are paid, a promised debt to a Fedderson award winner has been paid, the vendors pay the lowest prices for advertising ANYWHERE, and a moderator tight on funds - again, not me - is getting covered to come to the HB show.

For anyone still contemplating donating, thank you in advance. I'd like to have the forum sponsor more stuff like HB and the Fedderson Award, but we need your help to do that!

I hope you know that in no way is your integrity being questioned. Your actions are appreciated by many including myself. You know the history so I'm certain you understand the concern.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    I hope you know that in no way is your integrity being questioned. Your actions are appreciated by many including myself. You know the history so I'm certain you understand the concern.
    Absolutely. A lot of folks feel ripped of due to that situation. I get it.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    I have received far more than this small contribution! I have received education, encouragement, laughter, tears, and most of all, Friendship. David, you were one of the first to welcome me to this forum. You and so many others never laughed at my dream of building my own dream car! (Even with my obvious limitations!!) I am so very grateful for all you do to keep this very special place operational. I am only too willing to become your next Silver Lifetime member. Blessings on you and your family!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to help. This has been a great resource!
    MKIV Base Kit, delivered 11/6/17. Build Thread Link: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...d-Base-Kit-427
    Carburated 427z, TKO-600 (.82), Torsen Diff (3.73), IRS, PS, Heat, 17” Halibrands
    First Start: 10/18/18

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in. In the short time I have been here, I have already gotten my money's worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Payment sent. Thanks for keeping the forum up and running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just joined as a Lifetime member. This forum has been most helpful over the past 4 years as I researched the build, ordered the MK4 complete kit, and worked with my son over 2 1/2 years to finish. The advice, support and camaraderie is worth much more. Thank You TheFactoryFiveForum and everyone contributing to this forum.
    Mk4 Complete kit #8469: Levy Racing Stage 5 with Inglese stack. TKO 600, 3 link rear suspension. FAST Sportsman with dyno-tune. APE hardtop. Father & Son project, delivered Nov 2014, completed June 2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is some cheap advice! I’m in. I can’t imagine building this car without this help. Thank you for maintaining this site.
    MkIV complete kit #9259, Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Wilwoods x 4, many parts from Breeze, Forte, Russ's Garage and North Racecars
    17" Bullit style wheels, custom Kirkey seats, mid shift conversion, drop trunk, KRC power steering, Forte Hyd. clutch and slave, manual brakes
    overall build plan: build it to drive, not polish and black it out wherever possible, paint will be some shade of dark cherry

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, if you set up to be a supporting member then want to upgrade to a higher level of support, do you have to just select the higher one or is there an upgrade option?
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Just puttering View Post
    Just curious, if you set up to be a supporting member then want to upgrade to a higher level of support, do you have to just select the higher one or is there an upgrade option?
    That kind of forum programming is above my pay grade currently but we can work out any upgrade via PM.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I can set up more subscriptions to handle any upgrade. PM me if interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're doing a great job with the forum, David. Happy to contribute. Thanks, Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Late to the party but I am in. Thanks for keeping things going.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave, much appreciated. I do not have pay pal, but I will make it work to move to gold level.

Jay
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm signed up and a member now. I should have done it sooner. Love the Forum
    Dave
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all you do for all of us!
    Mk 4, 347 BluePrint Stroker, Blueprint 347 Stroker, Ford racing HD T-5 transmission, 3:27 8.8 reared, Ram clutch kit, Vintage Air front runner system, FITech Fuel injection Indigo Blue / Silver Stripes, 17" Wheels. AC, Heater, Conv Top Titles and Built 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. As you may know by now, the forum is sponsoring HB11 (Factory Five HB Cruise-In 2018), THANKS TO YOUR SUPPORT!

I want to mention that we will be presenting the Robert Fedderson Award at HB this year and I'm looking for volunteers to help sponsor a flight out to HB for the winner. There is a specific "Subscription" for this, and donations will be capped at $1000.

Stay tuned for an announcement of that effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, thanks for being cool right off the bat. I like being here and can't wait for this build to begin. Subscribed indefinitely! LOL.

Oh... to anyone who's MAY be on the fence about the money... if you've had ONE questions answered here... it's probably worth AT LEAST $5/month. C'mon. Happy to see everyone on board so quickly!
    Last edited by TheBabyBadger; 02-22-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Brian!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm in. I have no doubt that DH or DS would never be involved in a scam like the last one we endured. Unfortunately I don't post as much as I did (or should), but eventually I'll recover from my cancer surgery and get busy out here again. It's only been 20 months (19 months longer than I was told by the docs).
    Last edited by oldguy668; 02-23-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy668 View Post
    I'm in. I have no doubt that DH or DS would never be involved in a scam like the last one we endured. Unfortunately I don't post as much as I did (or should), but eventually I'll recover from my cancer surgery and get busy out here again. It's only been 20 months (19 months longer than I was told by the docs).
    Joe, we're just so glad your HERE!! Keep on getting better my friend, we miss not having you around!

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Better late than never, I guess, but I'm in! I've really enjoyed watch this forum grow and mature. Thanks for your hard work!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    I added my support
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Done. Very grateful for all the info the forum has to offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    David, it's good to see so many devoted members but I'm sure there are more who might see this thread.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Pete.

The truth is we wouldn't be having the HB Cruise-In without the help given so far. I never knew there were so many fees involved! Event permit. Business permit. Event Insurance. Fire. Police. Maintenance personnel. The list goes on!

Thanks again to those who have taken part, and thanks in advance to those who still plan to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

We have only begun our second year in this community and it has been a fantastic experience. We have learned invaluable information from the forum and I might suggest that you either increase the price to be a sponsoring vendors, or create a platinum level or something else. I'm certainly up for spending a bit more.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, having finally been paid for some major projects, I am in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    THANK YOU Jacob!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave - I was pretty sad when you guys removed my "supporting member" badge... then realized my paypal linked a card I had cancelled (fraud). I re-upped so you're all paid up and I'm anxiously RE-anticipating getting my badge back. Thanks!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

Just a few scheckles to help out. I've gotten far more from the forum than I can ever repay. Thanks goes to you, and everyone in the Factory Five Family.

Video

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave
    Sent a PayPal out for a Gold lifetime, great people and info on the forum..
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Just subscribed! As others have said, I can't imagine me building my Roadster without this forum to lean on and learn from! Keep up the good work!!
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

Thanks for everything you do. I can't imagine building my roadster without this forum as a resource. Just donated.

-John

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Count me..... IN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hello all,

I wanted to note that when the support subscriptions first started, many non-lifetime options were NOT set to auto-renew due to a configuration error on my part.

If you signed up believing your subscription would auto-renew, and your avatar is missing the supporting member icon, it is because your subscription did not auto-renew.

We'd love for you to sign up again!

I've gone through the lists and updated the accounts of expired supporting members, and added the image to avatars recently joined.

Thank you to all who support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast