Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steering Wheel Center Cover

Post Thanks / Like

Steering Wheel Center Cover

I know I saw a thread on this before but cannot find it. I removed my steering wheel and reinstalled it on Saturday. Now I find that the center steering cover will not snap into the boss. It feels like air pressure is keeping it from seating. When I originally installed it I did not have the FFR badge installed. Now it is preventing air to escape. Does anyone have a solution that will not visibly damage the steering wheel, boss or badge?
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had the same problem. After looking closely I noticed that the steering wheel was installed just enough off center to creat a lip on one edge that kept the center piece from pushing in. Loosened the six screws and centered it up and it popped right in. Hope this helps.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drilled a 1/16 hole in the hub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, drill a small hole in the hub under the emblem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drilled a small hole in the horn button just above the oring in to the center to let the air out, makes removal easier also.

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone have a pic of a hole they drilled in the hub? Im having a problem imaging where to drill

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t have a pic, but I also drilled one through the hub, off set all the way to one side, so it comes out in between the nuts on the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drilled mine in the back of the hub facing the dash board between the bottom two bolts.