Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: #438 Build summary

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oxford, Michigan and Scottsdale AZ (winters)
    Post Thanks / Like

#438 Build summary

Autorama.JPGfinished car.jpg LR finished.JPG show board.JPG

The following is a build summary of my Factory Five 33 Hot Rod (#438). Its been nearly 6 years since I started and next month it will make its debut at the 2018 Detroit Autorama. What I’ve enjoyed most about building my first kit car, is the ability to start and stop as needed without significant impact on the knowledge required or quality. Between the forums and tech help at Factory Five and other suppliers, you always resources for assistance and ideas.

The next best thing about this project is the flexibility to make it unique. I once read, Harley Davison’s company product is not motorcycles, but rather “image”. Likewise I believe Factory Five’s product is not kit cars, but rather “confidence”. Building a custom car, that is safe, reliable, performs well and looks good is not something the average “Do-It-Yourselfer” will likely be successful completing on their own. But Factory Five makes that possible by providing a solid foundation and basic solutions for all needed functions. With that, the average handy-man is only limited by their creativity and desire to learn new skills. Anyone with excessive financial resources can have a sweet hot rod, but Factory Five affords those with more humble means the confidence and ability to also have one.

With that said, I would like to share some the custom or unique features of my build. I am not and never have been a professional mechanic, auto body guy, welder or any other skilled trade. I do work in the automotive industry on the product development side in Detroit, so I am blessed with many friends and resources for help and advice. But 98% of this build I did on my own.
    Last edited by tcollins; 03-14-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: finished photos from Autorama

2. Likes shmelty liked this post