Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AAA Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

AAA Insurance

I have been with State Farm for 24 years with no claims, but this year I decided to check around a little. AAA seems to be among the higher rated companies, but I was curious if anyone has, or does, have them and what their opinion is of them.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Steve K
    FFR 3906

Post Thanks / Like
    I have State Farm & also looked at AAA. They offered comparable auto insurance at a lower rate saving me $250 annually on 2 cars (not the Cobra); I also asked for a package including home as I would not move just auto to AAA. I spoke with my State Farm agent who walked through our total insurance portfolio including our home insurance. When looking at the package, the cost of home + auto was comparable between AAA & State Farm. The big differentiater was the State Farm home coverage; lower cost, better coverage. SF would pay for an unlimited stay for being displaced if home sustained damage, AAA had limited period of coverage; additionally, payout for contents was better. Check with your SF agent if you also have other coverage with them.
    Mk4 Complete kit #8469: Levy Racing Stage 5 with Inglese stack. TKO 600, 3 link rear suspension. FAST Sportsman with dyno-tune. APE hardtop. Father & Son project, delivered Nov 2014, completed June 2017.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been with AAA for 20+ years, vehicles and homes. The rates keep me in but the claims suck if you have anything that is not absolutely stock. Everything I own except my wife's two cars is modified and the last time I had a truck stolen they tried to pay me about half what I had into it for a two-year old truck. I ended up buying back the wreckage to recover all my high dollar parts for another project. I learned to have receipts for EVERYTHING and photo document all the mods.

AAA wouldn't insure my Kodiak and my F550 so I've been wobbling between Farmers and State Farm for several years -- both are more expensive so most of my fleet is with AAA. I pay more for my F550 (Farmers) than five other vehicles with AAA. State Farm is less expensive for that truck but they are so flaky with claims that I'm not comfortable risking my modified truck with them anymore. And the agent want's her store to be a gun free zone so that's a non-starter regardless. I think she's from the dark side of the river and never lived a free state.