Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Jdavis500 Gen 3 Coupe Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jdavis500 Gen 3 Coupe Build Thread

I finally decided to start a post to share my build experience from a novice's perspective. Please, critique away. This is a huge learning experience for me. I recieved my kit on 10/12/17 from Stewart and I have been chipping away since then. I think that the hardest part for me so far has been organization and retrieval/identification of all the parts. I have been stacking and unstacking boxes for the past few months and in retrospect, I should have had a better plan. Too much time spent sifting thru boxes. It would be nice if the part list recieved with the kit were avaiable in PDF so that it could be easily searched. I called FFR and they said that was not possible to send it too me(clearly there was a PDF file that was printed so they could send it to me). The result is searching thru pages trying to find a part that was listed in the manual. It helped to post all the sheets on my garage wall and highlight the main contents so that I could find the parts a little easier. Initially, I had strict expectations on finishing the car within a certain timeframe. I think I will be happier if I just enjoy the build and not stress about a timeframe. I attended the build school on Spetember and had commented in a post previously. Those guys are extremely knowledgable and professional. They didn't make anyone feel stupid with questions and they seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. If you have the time and the cash, why not?

Plan:

Gen 3 Coupe
    Coyote from Forte
    TKO 600
    Quicktime Bellhousing
    IRS Rear End
    Windshield wiper kit
    Swaybars
    17" Halibrand wheel/tire kit from FFR
    12.88" Wilwoods
    Power Steering
    AC
    Hydraulic Clutch
    CNC Tripe Reservoir
    Moroso Coolant Reservoir
    Moroso Oil Pan
    Gas-n Sidepipes

Everything order and already recieved except for the AC and side pipes. Forte is a good guy and very busy. Despite being so busy, you will hear all about his day when you call!! I have made some progress and I will gradually post pictures about past and future experience.
    Thank you to those who have gone before me. The pictures on the Phoenix build are particularly good. I will try to add lots of pics as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jdavis500; 10-18-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread