FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello all from San Jose

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all from San Jose

I had been browsing this forum for awhile, like two years.. And, I had been wanting to build and own a Cobra for years. I finally made the move and placed order end of last year. My kit number is #125458. The kit got ready at beginning of the year, waited for Steward to deliver since January. I called Jolene several times and arranged couple of time for delivery, cause I traveled a lot to Asia due to the job, and finally she gave me answered saying my kit will get picked up today and "should" be arriving this week. I am super excited, after waiting for months.
    I selected blue print engine small block, 347ci, EFI, AODE. The engine however arrived earlier than the kit back at Feb, and is sitting in the garage waiting since then.
    I also like lots of people out there only have limited garage space. I made the body buck and hang it on the ceiling until the time for paint.
    For chassis dolly, I used 4 scissor lifts to support top platform. Hoping to have freedom to be able adjust height... for my backache.. :rolleyes:

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the fun. Keep us updated on your progress. I've found this forum to be a source of extremely valuable information. Without it, not sure I could have completed my build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Looks like we are using similar engines. What options did you order?

Mark
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the community. I relally like your home made lift table. We are professional builders for hire and we use a hydaraulic lift tabel in each of our build bays and on average they cut our labor in half vs. building on Jack stands. Old farts like me don't bend like the young kids. Best of luck with your new adventure.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congratulations on your project. I agree that this forum is a great place for ideas and assistance when needed. I am also in San Jose and recently finished my Mk4. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you want to discuss your build. My buddy is getting his Type 65 this week also and I suspect it is sharing the ride with your Mk4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickP View Post
    Welcome to the fun. Keep us updated on your progress. I've found this forum to be a source of extremely valuable information. Without it, not sure I could have completed my build.
    Thanks, RickP.. Yes, this forum definitely the most helpful resource, and I am actually less worry to know if I really can build a car myself, knowing this forum has so much information and good people here to help..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eaton View Post
    Welcome aboard! Looks like we are using similar engines. What options did you order?

Mark

Mark,
    Glad we have similar engine.. I got EFI, with alt, power steering, AC, with auto trans package..

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,
    Yea, I wa shopping this lift table can help my back..
    I was also thinking to add a gear control for moving up and down same time.. But, I guess I am more favor to spend time to build car instead.. I think manually adjust each lift will work also..

Post Thanks / Like
    CalR08,
    Nice to know someone close by had done this already.
    I will definitely bug you from time to time..
    Thanks in advance..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CalR80 View Post
    Welcome and congratulations on your project. I agree that this forum is a great place for ideas and assistance when needed. I am also in San Jose and recently finished my Mk4. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you want to discuss your build. My buddy is getting his Type 65 this week also and I suspect it is sharing the ride with your Mk4.
    Yup, that buddy is me :-)

I just heard from George the trucker, and you and I should be getting our kits on Friday! Unfortunately, yours is ahead of mine in the truck, so you are first in San Jose! Post lots of pictures!!

-brent

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
    Yup, that buddy is me :-)

I just heard from George the trucker, and you and I should be getting our kits on Friday! Unfortunately, yours is ahead of mine in the truck, so you are first in San Jose! Post lots of pictures!!

-brent
    Dlirium,
    Wow.. How cool it is to meet the guy also in the same delivery truck... Yea, I also got his call hour ago.. He said probably Friday or earlier.. Hope to see your post as well..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChienKuo View Post
    Dlirium,
    Wow.. How cool it is to meet the guy also in the same delivery truck... Yea, I also got his call hour ago.. He said probably Friday or earlier.. Hope to see your post as well..
    Absolutely! Sent you a PM with my contact info...