Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for any History on my GTM

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for any History on my GTM

Just bought a GTM and am trying to get any history on the car. The seller indicated that the vehicle was assembled by Factory Five Racing. I believe it was assembled by GT MILAN and would like to get the consensus of the community to prevent my posting of incorrect info and triggering a backlash of negative responses. The only info to date that I have is 3 pages of posts late 2010 on the FFCars forum. I'm new to this forum and the GTM, so if I sound like a rookie it is because I am. I assume there are some negative feelings among GTM owners regarding the GT MILAN because of the loyalty towards Factory Five Racing, and the fact that GT MILAN was only the assembler of the car and marketed the product as their own without the due credit to the FFR designed. Guess GT MILAN didn't believe in carma. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered! My reasons for believing the car is a GT MILAN is the absence of Factory Five badging except for the VIN Tag, modified nose, atypical exhaust pipes, GT MILAN valve covers, and the "Emmissions Exempt" stickers on the front window from Pennsylvania (I believe the GT MILANS were assembled in Pittsburg).

I also have a couple other questions:

1) How many GTM's have been built, and of those, how many did GT MILAN build before they threw in the towel?
    2) Mine has a fixed seat position driven by someone much taller than me. Can I remove the seat from the interior of the car and change the seat position, or better yet, are there
    rails available to raise the seat height an inch or so and make it adjustable?

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mark,

Welcome to the forum!

My recollection is that there was only one "Milan" built. If I remember correctly it is a reskinned GTM but WE LOVE PICS so if you can post some that would be great!

Regarding seating, yes, the seat can be moved and yes, vendors sell seat tracks.

Here are a few threads to help with pic hosting:

Embedding pics:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tures-in-posts

I am granting you full access early full access so you are good to go with the pics, updating your profile and sig, etc.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

One brand of seat sliders can be found here.
    Last edited by Roger Reid; 02-02-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by beeman; 02-02-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the past history that I would have never discovered. I am now convinced that my car is a GT MALAN because of the photos in the above thread and additional photos in the Post Gazette article. The identical features of my car with the one above include same exterior blue, same interior, same ground effects lips, GT MALAN valve covers, and the same unmistakable triple tail pipes.

At this point, I can tell you that there is evidence that only three were built.

First Car
    Black and driven by Tanner Foust for Top Gear (Filmed April 2010)

Second Car
    In my garage with an older VIN than the blue one above.

Third Car
    Pictured with Dr. Alan in the Aug. 2010 Post Gazette article indicating that 3 cars had been built and that the plan for the first year was to build 4 cars. Don't know if any more GT MALAN's were completed between this Aug. 2010 statement and when Dr. Alan pleaded guilty to tax evasion in March 2011. I would assume that assets were seized quickly in March 2011, suggesting there was a 7 month window when 1 or 2 additional cars could have been started or completed.

I have listed my car as the second car built only because it has an older FFR chassis number than the car I have list as the third car, but it is entirely possible that the build order of second and third is reversed, or that they were built together.

Front 1 copy.jpgInterior from Left copy.jpgPipes copy.jpgEngine copy.jpgAttachment 80371Attachment 80372Side Right Front copy.jpg
    Last edited by Funnyboneman; 02-04-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: edit photos

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Funnyboneman; 02-04-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: adding photo

Post Thanks / Like
    The original guy, and then the guy who supposedly took over the assets of the "Milan" project both had some bad history with interacting with people here on the forums. I'll just leave it at that, but if I were you, I would probably remove any indicators of the Milan project from your vehicle and stop talking about it. If you get into the details(as it appears you are) that are already posted you will see that prison time and death threats were part of the story.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen the black/orange car, its in a garage in ohio in a million pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remarkably, the guy who was building the car at RPM Motorsports had his own legal woes and two weeks ago was sentenced to 32 to 64 months in the Pennsylvania state prison system. Here is an article from the local paper detailing the case when it was first charged. The prosecutor is a professional friend of mine and I recall him talking generally about the case, but I didn't know the connection to this strange saga until now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/re...s/201604210181

Post Thanks / Like
    Want to thank all that have given me a warm welcome to this Forum. Just to clear the air, I had never heard of a FFR GTM or GT MALAN until I saw the car at auction January 2018, and purchased a few days later. I have now learned that some of the people involved with the Malan Project were less than honest and are now in jail, evidenced by the newspaper articles linked above. Now sure why any would post a recommendation to remove all of the GT MALAN badging from the vehicle. Is there the same recommendation for DeLorean owners?