BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello everybody

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everybody

Met up with a different forum member, and saw his mk4 today. My height had me a little nervous if I'd be able to fit comfortably, but it's just fine. I'm now in the process of saving for an mk4 myself. A bit to early to start a build thread, but the general idea is it'd be used mainly as a street car, and it'll need to have an auto. A loose set of requirements, but that's the general guiding direction I'm going with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. This group of Factory Five builders is friendly and helpful because most of us started out the same way. How am I going to use the car? Will I fit? Auto trans? I'm 6'3" and other guys are 6'5" and taller, and you can build it to fit by your seat selection, pedals, etc. Most are sticks but enough guys have put in auto trans that they can guide you. While you are saving, read this forum for lots of ideas. Beware, we love to spend your money on upgrades. Enjoy planning your fun journey and imagine what it feels like to tell people who are admiring your car that you built it yourself.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Enjoy planning your fun journey and imagine what it feels like to tell people who are admiring your car that you built it yourself.
    Thanks!

Not sure if these questions were directed at me or not, but I'll answer them anyways.

> How am I going to use the car?

Maybe some SCCA racing, but probably occasional commuting and car shows.

> Will I fit?

I do fit. I'm only 6'; however, I've had issues with some cars in the past. The Pontiac Solstice comes to mind on that. The main issue I have with fit is my knee hitting the dash, but since you're able to adjust the dash in these cars its a nonissue.

> Auto trans?

Wife and I can't drive stick. She can't physically, but no excuse for myself.