Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wisconsin FFR owners

Post Thanks / Like

wisconsin FFR owners

Hello to all
    I am in the process if building a MK4-
    I have a few questions for those in Wisconsin.
    Registration-
    Wipers-
    Emissions-

and a few other odds and ends
    if you live in WI and don't mind taking a few questions over the phone, please message me.
    Thank you all in advance.
    M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PM me and I can chat tomorrow before the game. Anytime after 10:00 am.

Jay
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Magic,
    What part of WI. Not sure if I have any answers yet. I ordered my kit on Black Friday and will be picking up on 4/28.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Rob,

You may be less than 25 minutes from me.

Jay
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    check out our google map (and please post over here to get yourself added
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Burlington is pretty close. I passed a couple cobras last Summer. One on Hwy 12 and one on J near the Elegant Farmer. Perhaps you were one of them. I can't wait till April. Still need to build a buck and Dolly and finish the donor. The clock is ticking but it is too dammed cold right now.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Grew up in Burlington. Demon Class of 76. MKIV ordered with 6/9/18 scheduled completion date. Are there any local meet ups of FactoryFive builders?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Lake Mills if there's something going on or anyone want to come take a look.
    Build Blog
    #8203, carbed 427W (611 hp), TKO 600, IRS
    Delivered: May 27, 2014
    Mechanically "Complete": October 1, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in Woodstock, south of the “Cheddar Curtain” but am not afraid to drive!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miller7448 View Post
    Grew up in Burlington. Demon Class of 76. MKIV ordered with 6/9/18 scheduled completion date. Are there any local meet ups of FactoryFive builders?
    Congrats from just south of the border. Enjoy the anticipation (aka the waiting)

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI... There’s a spot in Hebron that we’ve met at before. Mary’s on Maple is a great little place to get together and enjoy some great food!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are quite a few of us in Northern IL, Southern WI. Some are still dreaming, some have pulled the trigger and are waiting. Some are building and some are enjoying their rides. From what I read, the build is never really done. I will be picking up my kit this weekend and cannot wait to get started. I think a meet up/get together would be great. It would be a chance to see some cool cars and meet people with shared interests.
    Sten picked the place. Now we just need a date. I can vouch that he is not afraid to drive. I ran into him last summer in Oshkosh at the EAA AirVenture talking to dreamers, showing us what we can accomplish.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steno View Post
    FYI... There’s a spot in Hebron that we’ve met at before. Mary’s on Maple is a great little place to get together and enjoy some great food!
    I'm in! That's not a far drive for me at all!
    Build Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in too - couldn't make it last year, but if we give it another week or so for the rain to wash away all the residual salt on the roads, I'll be pulling my FFR out of storage and hitting the road.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    I'm in too - couldn't make it last year, but if we give it another week or so for the rain to wash away all the residual salt on the roads, I'll be pulling my FFR out of storage and hitting the road.
    I was looking at that today as well. There's still a lot of areas that have salt. We need one good rain before driving season begins. I just checked and there doesn't look like there is any rain in the forecasts...
    Build Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the Greater Burlington Metropolitan District(HA!!), population ~25K has more FFR owners/activity than ALL of Albuquerque, NM(population > 1million). After being part of a great group of Southern WI/Northern IL FFR buildings(and eating at Mary's on Maple with the group...) I'm shocked at the lack of activity here in the Land of Enchantment.
    Crap weather in WI for 5-6 months a year and a ton of cars, weather so nice in Albuquerque I drove all of Nov, Dec, Jan, etc.... but met only one other NM Roadster here. Go figure!

Jealous I can't make it to Mary's with the group! Hope you guys are finally starting to get some decent driving weather.

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you CheeseHeads mind if a Minnesooooooooooooootan tagged along if you do a western event... Dontcha Know?
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm in...of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    RobW,

Mine is partially dismantled and waiting for paint, but you are more than welcome to swing by my place and take a look. PM me and let's see what we can do to meet up...if you're interested.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepurz View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the Greater Burlington Metropolitan District(HA!!), population ~25K has more FFR owners/activity than ALL of Albuquerque, NM(population > 1million). After being part of a great group of Southern WI/Northern IL FFR buildings(and eating at Mary's on Maple with the group...) I'm shocked at the lack of activity here in the Land of Enchantment.
    Crap weather in WI for 5-6 months a year and a ton of cars, weather so nice in Albuquerque I drove all of Nov, Dec, Jan, etc.... but met only one other NM Roadster here. Go figure!

Jealous I can't make it to Mary's with the group! Hope you guys are finally starting to get some decent driving weather.

-TJ
    TJ,

Miss ya buddy. Maybe you can join us at one of our get togethers. You're adventurous, load that thing on a trailer and get up here. Or, consider meeting at the LCS this June.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Name the date and I'll try to be there....Mike in Wind Lake

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Any idea what date you have in Mind? Mike
    2017 MKIV, 347 EFI Blueprint - TKO 600 - 3-link, Delivered 4/17/17 - At painter 2/15/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck, I’d do it this Saturday! I haven’t been there since Sunday! The owners still talk about when we were there last!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bren
    I live in Lake Mills WI
    Kit is planned to be delivered around the first week in June.
    Can you message me to your location and contact info?
    Martin

Cobrapreneur
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John - I’m on the western border - in LaCrosse, Wi. PM me and we can join the group. Craig F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmarto View Post
    Hey Bren
    I live in Lake Mills WI
    Kit is planned to be delivered around the first week in June.
    Can you message me to your location and contact info?
    Martin
    That's so awesome. I sent you a PM with my contact info. If you're ever in need of an extra pair of hands, let me know. I'd be ecstatic to help out! I'm looking forward to hearing your build plan.
    Build Blog

Cobrapreneur
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John - I’m on the western border - in LaCrosse, Wi. PM me and we can join the group. Craig F

Cobrapreneur
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys - what about meeting up in the Madison, Wi area next Saturday, May 5 for coffee and cars? Sounds as if guys are coming from Northern IL, several others are interested from far West WIsconsin including myself), and several live within the greater Madison area. My thoughts are to meet for coffee and cars, find some sweet roads to cruise, maybe tour EPIC campus (Verona - https://www.epic.com/visiting) and then conclude with brunch/lunch. Who’s interested?

Post Thanks / Like
    I’d go!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in meeting other FFR owners and their cars also. Suburb of Chicago. Any dates yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Anytime you guys want to get together, let us know! Jay (Thickcobra) and I ( Makgecko) will try to make it!
    I'm going to Key West, Fla May 5 thru the 12th. other than that I can try to meet!

Mike
    2017 MKIV, 347 EFI Blueprint - TKO 600 - 3-link, Delivered 4/17/17 - At painter 2/15/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I would like to meet up with you and Jay. I wanted to wait till I had my kit. Well, 2200 miles later and 36 hours of driving in 3 days, my base kit is happily sleeping in my garage. The drive was incident free but unloading it with my wife was a little hairy. Doing the inventory this Saturday. Not sure how to post pics of car with my phone.

Since you are so close, meeting up will be very easy. I would really love to tap your brains. To be honest, it does feel like I have bit off more than I can chew.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Robw,

See PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m glad to hear you’re back safe and sound! I know it seems overwhelming, but it’s like eating an elephant... one bite at a time! But instead of bones you’ll have many empty boxes! We’ll have to get together and talk about your plans . I’d really like to hear them! Perhaps a bit of Spotted Cow?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sten. My first order of business is to yank the engine and transmission out of the donor and get rid of the donor and make room for the Roadster. Every thing else I need has been removed. Then comes the inventory.

Have any plans been set for this Saturday?. If not, what about Mary's.

Anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfehrenb View Post
    Hey guys - what about meeting up in the Madison, Wi area next Saturday, May 5 for coffee and cars? Sounds as if guys are coming from Northern IL, several others are interested from far West WIsconsin including myself), and several live within the greater Madison area. My thoughts are to meet for coffee and cars, find some sweet roads to cruise, maybe tour EPIC campus (Verona - https://www.epic.com/visiting) and then conclude with brunch/lunch. Who’s interested?
    The Madison area does seem to be the most central location for all of us (some of which are from eastern WI, some from western WI, some from northern IL, and some from a bit farther north).

And, Saturday, May 5 is supposed to have beautiful weather finally.
    Build Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Bren, Madison is a good location for a broader group of people, I agree. How about a show of hands for this Saturday. Suggestion: Graze on the square.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll be golfing with my brothers near the Dells that morning. I'll watch to see where you all meet and try to swing by in the afternoon.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we’re going to have some decent rain tonight. Perhaps the salts will get washed off the roads! I have several options for this weekend, so I‘ve got to see what works out! Rob, I’d like to see you get that engine out and scrap that donor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast