Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hazard Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Hazard Lights

I have mocked up most of my wiring. Ran into an issue where I did not have low beam headlights, but that turned out to be I had the wires reversed on the high beam switch, easy fix. My problem is that when I turn the directionals on the fronts lights are correct, left blinks, right blinks, but both tail lights blink for either left or right. Now the issue might be because of the Hazard switch not being installed, but where are the directions for the hazard switch, and where does that switch come from? I have gone through the parts lists and don't see it listed anywhere unless I keep missing it, gone through all the supplied components and don't find it. In the assembly manual on page 201 you are instructed to cut the pink hazard wire back, in the wiring diagram the pink wire is going to the dpst switch? Doesn't take much to confuse me. Anybody run into this before?

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going from memory here, but pretty sure we have a hazard switch on the column from FFR. The switch operation is integrated into the column harness, you shouldn't have to do anything special.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check that you have a good ground in the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys. There is a button on the steering column for the hazard lights, who knew, pushed it in and all 4 flashers worked, had to go find the threaded piece to pull it back out, freaked me out when I could not shut them off. I did run a ground from the tail lights directly to the battery, did not stop both tail lights from flashing when the directions were turned on. Exept now the right directional does not work at all, indicator light is on all the time, left is still fine. That will give me something to do tomorrow