Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why a '33 Hot Rod and are there any near Asheville NC with in ~4 hr drive?

Post Thanks / Like

Why a '33 Hot Rod and are there any near Asheville NC with in ~4 hr drive?

Hi All,

I pretty new to the forum and strongly considering a '33 Hot Rod build using the Gen 3 Coyote engine and Tremec TKO600 5 speed manual transmission....

Now here's where I need help... Before I pull the trigger and place my order, I'd love to see one in person and sit in it. Anyone willing to let me see and sit in their '33 and it's within ~4 hours drive from Asheville, NC area, I'd be most grateful for the experience and your time. I'm trying to avoid going to FFR dealer in Mass. No problem going there for order and pickup, but would rather not go that far for a "seating".

Some examples of City's in the ~4 hour drive circle are: Chattanooga / Knoxville Tennessee, Atlanta Ga / Augustus Ga areas, Charlotte / Raleigh NC, Columbia SC, and Roanoke, VA

Lastly, I'd love everyone's opinions on leg room, comfort for driving several hours, why so many used ones are for sale (why build one only to get rid of it with such low mileage?)

I would consider buying a kit that was un-built kit for a Coyote eng, but not a built one.

Any all comments welcome.

Thanks Mark

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why the 33 Hot Rod? Well for me I planned to build a street legal drag racer and thought I'd go with a kit car this time and avoid the old rusty molested Detroit iron that I normally gravitate to. A clean slate is easier to work with. The FFR 33HR seemed to be the best choice for a kit car and it's the only FFR car that is suitable for a serious drag racer -- long wheelbase, good weight balance, and more of a blank slate than the other models. However, most folks just want a street rod and it's a great choice for an awesome rod you can build in your garage.

As for foot room, it is tighter than most cars you're probably used to but should find it acceptable with proper footwear. You can go with an auto and free up lots more room. And if you don't mind some simple fabrication you can lengthen the leg room and even widen it to make it more comfortable. I work in old uniform jump boots and can get in and drive mine on and off my lift or around the shop but it is tight with three pedals. With an auto I'd have no problem cruising the highway in my size 10 jump boots.

But I should add that I did move the pedals down and forward as well as widen the foot box. And anyone could do the same with some fabrication experience or higher it done so if you really want a hot rod and think the foot room is an issue there are workarounds.
    Last edited by NAZ; 02-05-2018 at 03:56 PM.