Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Window sealing my 818

Post Thanks / Like

Window sealing my 818

I'd like to hear what others have done to make their windows seal properly. I have now about 20 hrs into my 818 C doors. Each. I'm trying to get my windows to seat properly to reduce wind noise & water intrusion but I've had many problems. I've cut my door frame and moved the top tube inwards at the latch area, I've had to section the same tube where the regulator passes by in order to get closer to my window opening. Now that I have the window touching the weatherstrip all round, if I lower the window, there is no fore-aft stability. I think I can fix it but I haven't heard a peep from anyone else about this. Am I crazy? Seems like ppl push on the window to close the door most often. It's hard to catch them before they do it, so it would seem smart to engineer some extra support to guard against this.
    Also, my latch mount wasn't perpendicular to the latch loop, so made door adjustment difficult and latch wouldn't register to second click without dragging. Had to cut the latch plate loose and correct this alignment, along with making slightly longer latch loops. Much better now. But the window mechanism is a bugger!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lance, I know what you mean and am having the same issues. I built a GTM and
    this is very similar to adjusting the windows on that car.
    My latches line up very well and the doors close and latch with little effort.
    Hang in there and as you know it takes time ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Lance, I feel your pain. The windows on my coupe took a lot of hours with trial-and-error, adult language and beverages! My windows now seal well and open & close. I cut my first door straight, but on the second door I was smarter and cut a curve, then later fixed the first door. See Post #34 of this thread:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...tips-add-yours

Vodka helps.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).