Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Having trouble finding recommended tire for 15" wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Having trouble finding recommended tire for 15" wheels.

The recommended tire sizes for the 15" wheels are 235/60r15 front and 275/50r15 rear. I've done several searches on the internet and have not been able to find both front and rear tires from the same manufacture. Do any of you know of a vendor for these sizes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try searching, by typing the tire sizes into the search bar of your browser.
    I found these: Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S Racing Radial Tire.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have MT's on mine and if I recall correctly I got them from Jegs. I will have to confirm the size again though as I believe the rears are 295's which work on a mkIV.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are running a Fox width rear and the FFR 15x8 & 15x9 wheels 235/60 tires in front and 295/50 in the rear fit a Mk4 perfectly. Used Cooper Cobra GTs on one I built for a customer a few years ago. Decent street cruiser tire.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help. I found the Micky Thompsons for the rear, but they do not have a match for the front. After posting I found that 295/50 R 15s would work. BF Goodrich and Cooper Tires make those. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to go with the Cooper tires on my Mk2. I had to buy a single front BFG and the lettering turned brown very quick while all my other older BFG tires are fine. The Cooper tires are much less expensive as well. I may go black wall out and put on permanent raised white Goodyear Eagle billboard letters.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    BFGoodrich just did a run of 295/50r15’s a few months ago. I got a full set online recently. I went with them over the cooper cobras based on someone’s recommendation with the initials DS.

I like them...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you find the Good Year Eagle billboard letters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Where did you find the Good Year Eagle billboard letters?
    John I found them here. Have not ordered them yet.
    https://shop.tiregraficx.com/product...-tire-stickers
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.