Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Impressed

Post Thanks / Like

Impressed

That just about sums up my trip to Wareham today.

I finally made it to FFV to see what they do, touch all of the cars and get a tour.
    I have a mk4 on order and am already thinking about the next car. I have never
    seen a 65 coupe in person before. It is stunning! I might have to build a few cars before
    I’m done.

I can see why ffv is doing so well. They have the total package.... minus the engines.
    And it’s consistent with quality.

I was at a car show this last fall and saw a guy with another brand of kit cobra.
    I told him that I was thinking about building a ffv mk4 and he kind of bad mouthed it
    a bit. He said that ffv made bottom end kits. At the time I had never seen, or at least
    didn’t know if I had ever seen a ffv car. Shortly after that I sought out a mk4 to look at.

Boys, I can tell you that when I saw my first one I was blown away. He built a car that
    was so much better than the one that I saw from the guy that bad mouthed ffv. The
    guy at the car shows car was a little out of proportion and I’m sure the chassis can’t
    compare to ffv.
    I believe that some times people see a higher production operation and figure it’s not
    as high of quality. I saw an operation that uses and makes quality parts.

I also met Dave Smith. You just get the feeling that Dave is “good people”. He seems very
    genuine, and a guy that tries to give back to the community.

I am about to be a proud owner of a Factory Five mk4.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats awesome, enjoy the ride

Post Thanks / Like
    I toured F5 back in 2001. Every single person with whom I spoke came across as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.

I started reading the forums back in 2014. I recall a thread - I think Bob Cowan was the originator, though I might have that wrong - discussing Finite Element Analysis of the Roadster frame and how it might be improved by adding additional tubing to increase stiffness. My two takeaways were (1) F5 has put some SERIOUS engineering behind their product, and (2) the user community is just as serious.

I made my decision back then, but took another three years to execute. You're going to love this build.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jim!
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim

Building the roadster was one of the best experiences I have had for a long time and I get to smile every time I get to drive the car

I hope you enjoy the build and driving the roadster once it’s complete

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
    I recall a thread - I think Bob Cowan was the originator, though I might have that wrong - discussing Finite Element Analysis of the Roadster frame and how it might be improved by adding additional tubing to increase stiffness. My two takeaways were (1) F5 has put some SERIOUS engineering behind their product, and (2) the user community is just as serious.
    ...John
    I forget all the details but yep, they are now seriously engineered. Look at the chassis of the 818, the 33 hotrod, and the new coupe, and this is really obvious.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,

Welcome and agree completely. Had the same experience when I toured FFR. I took my wife with me and once she saw the 33 Hot Rod she proclaimed that would be our second build. She loves the black body, yellow nose, and red flames. Looks like I too will be building several FFR cars. My delivery is set for the first week of April. Cant wait.

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could see myself building several cars over
    the next dozen years or so.

Don't tell my kids..... but, what would be a better
    legacy than giving them each a car that we built
    together.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post

together.

Jim
    Jim,

Your secret's safe with us and a few thousand Forum members.

Jay
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post

together.

Jim
    Jim-

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!! I hope my kids don't read this. While I would enjoy it tremendously, the wallet would object strenuously!!

I do however, agree with you. I have my eyes on the Gen 3 Coupe for my next build, but the kids are going to have to fight over them after I'm gone...

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    I do however, agree with you. I have my eyes on the Gen 3 Coupe for my next build, but the kids are going to have to fight over them after I'm gone...

Regards,

Steve

Dilly dilly

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember visiting them way back in the 90s, Dave is a super cool guy and from seeing his videos he still is, just makes you really want to do business with FF versus the South African makers of replicars plus the FF support seems so abundant especially this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as being Bad mouthed - we have always taken pride in being the Bad Boys of the industry, makes it more fun when we whack them at the track and out place them at the shows.
    F5 went from no respect to leading mfg while letting the haters hate, we know who we are and how we do it.
    Good luck on your build(s)

Scott
    2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
    F5 MKII (sold)
    MKIV soon
    "When in doubt go to full throttle, it may not solve the problem but it will end the suspense"