Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thread: Brian's Northern CA Gen 3 Coupe Build

Brian's Northern CA Gen 3 Coupe Build

AND IT BEGINS!

Wow, I'm so excited! Thanks to those I've already been in touch with, and those who have reached out. My order is sent and my anticipated arrival date is during the first week of may. We are closing Escrow on a new home, so it gives me some move in, settle in time! I secured my donor for major parts (to simply the CA registration process) a little while back. If you'd like the info on the donor, click here: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Donor-Secured!

The Order:
    65 Daytona Coupe Base Kit
    Gloss Black Chassis
    Body Cut Outs
    Adjustable Lower Control Arms
    28 Spline Driveline
    3 link rear suspension upgrade
    Ceramic Headers (4:1)
    GPS Gauges
    Carpet Kit
    Leather Steering Wheel
    Front Sway Bar
    Battery Cut Off
    Chassis Harness
    Custom EFI Harness
    Heater/AC/Defroster
    Hi-Back Aluminum Race Seats

The Extras:
    Paint - Undecided. Leaning toward tri-stage red from newer Viper or Lexus
    Motor - 331 Stroker
    T5 - Five Speed Manual, Fresh Rebuild
    3.55 Track Lock w/Posi
    Explorer P/S Cooler
    Strange 5 lug axles
    5 lug front spindles
    SVE Cobra Big Brake Kit
    New OEM Tank
    Walhbro 255 fuel pump
    30/lb injectors
    GT40 Intake manifold (Explorer)
    Custom Grind Cam
    SVO Aluminum Ford Racing Heads
    Upgraded Springs
    Upgraded Roller Rockers
    Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator and Fans
    SVE Gloss Black FR500 Staggered 18x9 and 18x10.5 (17s for track)

Lots of extras and plans and fun additions to the build... but obviously a long way off. So wish me some luck and I'll keep you updated once the build begins! Feel free to reach out and comment as this progresses. I always love feedback, praise and hopefully there isn't much need for criticism!

Oh - If anyone has a Coupe in Northern CA and wouldn't mind me checking it out, PLEASE reach out!
    Last edited by TheBabyBadger; 02-09-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    Build - Gen 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...733#post312733
    Tow- 2007 Yukon Denali - Full Suspension 22" - CPK375 Reps - Magnaflow - Tint
    Wife - 2017 Lexus IS F-Sport - Tint
    Work - 2017 F150 EcoBoost 4x4 Quad Cab - Tint
    Water - 2018 Moomba MAX - Tint - Stereo - Auto Wake 2.0 - LOTS of Ballast

Great stuff Brian, Welcome - looking forward to coming over and seeing it live!!

brent

Congrats on the order! It sounds like you got a good plan together. I was starting to think I'd be the only one with a solid axle Gen 3.

I'm in the East bay and just started on my build in November. It's mostly still just a frame surrounded by boxes but your welcome to come check it out if you're in the area and interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
    Great stuff Brian, Welcome - looking forward to coming over and seeing it live!!

brent
    Brent, that offers good for you too.

Hell yeah man! Maybe I can still back out if it scares me....?

Mine should move along quickly. I'm hyperactive and tend to get bored quickly. Working on my motor build currently. I've got some guys in Road Island who are going to build me a nice 331.

Do you guys happen to know if there are ANY issues running an aftermarket pan? A canton was suggested to me for increased baffling. Thanks!
    Build - Gen 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...733#post312733

Quote Originally Posted by Tuftster View Post
    Congrats on the order! It sounds like you got a good plan together. I was starting to think I'd be the only one with a solid axle Gen 3.

I'm in the East bay and just started on my build in November. It's mostly still just a frame surrounded by boxes but your welcome to come check it out if you're in the area and interested.

Brent, that offers good for you too.
    Thanks, yes - that's a must. Still crossing my fingers for delivery this month..may slip into the first week of March.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBabyBadger View Post

Do you guys happen to know if there are ANY issues running an aftermarket pan? A canton was suggested to me for increased baffling. Thanks!
    From what I've read and understand, most guys do go with something like a Moroso oor a Canton. Here is a picture of one on a Coyote that clears everything nicely from Paul's (EdwardB) coupe build thread:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...0&d=1518656847

brent

I do love his build thread! Planning to run a Canton. Creb engineering is building my motor. Anyone know of them!? Feedback? Seem very legit and they are very familiar w/ FFR!

Shoot me a PM when you guys are ready.