Quote Originally Posted by Innkeepr View Post
Here is my dilemma.

I spoke with a reputable builder while attending the Pittsburgh "World of Wheels", one builders 05 Wagon has the same engine build I am interested in.
We purchased a new EJ257 (2008) and are chamber matching the 2.0 heads. During the technical banter he asked if I was going to convert to Speed Density ?

My tuner, has a lot of experience building MS pros and has installed them in Honda's and Toyota's.
My 04 WRX was tuned via Taxtric. He has suggested going to a SD set up in the FFR.

Has anyone converted to SD ? Have you found any benefit or is it just a waste of time and money ?
The only thing that really peaked my interest was adding wheel sensors to the MS Pro to get traction control.

Thanks for the input.
"E"
You can read about it by google "Subaru Speed Density" Cobb set up. You can also talk to Brian at I Wire he makes the plugs to support SD Hybrid which uses both MAF and IAT in a Cobb Pro Tune. You do need to run a constant wideband O2 sensor with a dash gauge to pay attention to A/F data.
All the Cobb pro tuners I talked with said they would go the SD / Hybrid route. I am using an I Wire Harness, and Turbo Time in Apex NC, to do the base load and then the Dyno Tune. It is has been available from Cobb since 2012, and there are plenty of Competent Pro Cobb tuners using it. It is not costing me anymore money for SD vs. Total MAF only and if you prefer to switch out of SD you can default back to MAF only without issues. You do need to get the O2 full time which is added money. I do not know how many other owners are actually running it...so your inquiry is a good one.

BC