Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor Engine Removal 94GT

Post Thanks / Like

Donor Engine Removal 94GT

Hello All - I have been asking questions for years but now finally getting some work done. Finally got the engine trans removed from my donor. A few months ago I noticed that the drivers side would have needed attention if I didnt make it a donor, yikes and I drove it home like that....I have not ordered the kit yet but planning on a complete kit, 302, PS, PB, and auto transmission unless I can get away with the transmission change here in MA. Everything else is up in the air, feel free to talk me into anything. I didnt actually think I would get this far to be honest. Next is wiring and emissions crap to come out.

20201121_162418.jpg20201121_162424.jpg20201121_162445.jpg

Question - Is anything on this donor worth anything $$$, I feel like I just want to scrap it and move on but not sure if I am leaving anything on the table? Also I am taking all the wiring out do I need to do that?

* I know the images are turned, figuring that out now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Six years ago I sold a bunch of parts not required for the build from my donor. Front bumper, fenders, airbags and controller, doors with power windows and the trunk lid plus bunch of little items. Not sure what the parts market is like where you are but, I made more than I paid for the donor. The air bags, controller and front bumper covered the cost of the car!

Norm
    Mk4 base kit 7721, 331 Stroker, Holley Sniper EFI, Wipers, Heater, Whitby Soft Top, Drop trunk mod and more

Post Thanks / Like
    I sold/ gave away some stuff. Then gave my son a saw all and he cut it up into manageable sizes. The scrappers took it away!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Craigslist, Facebook and ebay are your friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I will see what I can get back to the fund on this.