Hi there,
I've been looking at the 818 for a few years now, and I'm almost to the point where I can start planning my build. Up until now I've been moving around and I haven't had a house for the last couple years (so no garage to work in). However, I'm a few months away from having my new house built and I'll finally have a garage again! Recently I started reading a lot of build threads to get some ideas and learn more about the 818 in general. They've been a great resource so far, so thank you to anybody that has contributed over the years.

I did notice something strange while reading the build threads though. A lot of people put dates for when they bought, first started, first drove, completed, tracked, etc... their cars in their signature. I was surprised at how many of these signatures said they sold their 818 within a year of completing it. After spending a year building the car and putting so much money into it, why have so many people quickly sold their 818?

Was it too unrefined, expensive to insure, impractical outside of a track? Maybe it was more fun to build than actually drive or you had an opportunity to sell it for a profit? Perhaps people just didn't want to store it or never found time to drive it?

I'm just curious why somebody would put $20k+ into a car for less than a year of use. If you could, please share your experience or give some feedback.

Thanks,
Mike