Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transmission Conversion Torque Specs

Post Thanks / Like

Transmission Conversion Torque Specs

I got the 4WD to 2WD conversion done on my transmission last night, but I can't seem to find any torque specs anywhere for the "transmission nut" or the FFR supplied cover plate. Can anyone tell me what those would be or direct me to a thread that includes that information?

Post Thanks / Like
    Per the Subaru FSM, that nut should be torqued to 86.8 ft-lbs. You'll probably need to have the axles and wheels on and the 818 on the ground to prevent the nut from turning while you torque it. A new locking nut is P/N 802622020.

The cover plate bolts can be hand tightened. The cover plate just seals the back of the trans so fluid doesn't leak out - it's not really structural. Don't forget some RTV behind the cover plate; I typically use permetax grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Per the Subaru FSM, that nut should be torqued to 86.8 ft-lbs. You'll probably need to have the axles and wheels on and the 818 on the ground to prevent the nut from turning while you torque it. A new locking nut is P/N 802622020.

The cover plate bolts can be hand tightened. The cover plate just seals the back of the trans so fluid doesn't leak out - it's not really structural. Don't forget some RTV behind the cover plate; I typically use permetax grey.
    Thank you!