Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speaking of Hydroboost

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Hydroboost

I've got hydroboost installed for PS and brakes with FF PS Rack, new stock style pump on a 4.6 4v. I've built stainless -6 lines (contributed by blood donation in the process) and am having some hydraulic leaks at the pump and hyrdoboost. The issue is that the AN adapters just don't seal under pressure, heck the one on the bottom of the pump just flat out leaks with a constant drip. I've tried crushable washers, rubber o-rings all with no success. Plan B today is to take the stock fittings to a local shop and have them make an adapter using the stock adapter with a female on the other side that I can plug the AN fittings into. What am I missing?
    Thanks,
    Vince

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't give you any specific advice. I hear you on adapters though. They can be troublesome. What I've done when nothing else worked was to break out the JB Weld. Clean up both sides of the fittings so they're squeaky clean, put a coat of JB Weld on the threads of the adapter, and back in with moderate torque to where it's fully seated. You want enough JB Weld to seal obviously and also come out around the top for a nice filet. But not so much that there's any chance of plugging the actual connection. I've done this twice. Once on a steering rack that I just couldn't get to seal. Another time on an EHPS pump that also wouldn't seal. In both cases the fix worked 100%. Never a sign of any leaks afterwards. The downside of course is that the installation is permanent. If you ever have to replace the device you'll need new adapters. But might be something to consider versus new/modified hoses.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea. I'm certain that would work. Thanks for the prompt response.